Sign in to follow this  
Rayers12

Any hints on how to make planes take off from hangars?

I am sad to announce that The War! has moved from CAA1 to Chernarus, due to AI issues.

Furthermore, I cannot get units to take off properly from hangars. Planes simply face towards the sides of the hangars and drive into them. I have tried various waypoint tricks. Any ideas.

(Oh hey splicer.)

Gosh, I would like to know the answer to this too!

I've tried so many times to get the darn planes taxi out of the hangars, but they always shift left and hit the inside of the hangar and that's it!

So far I had to place the planes in front of the hangars. This allows them to taxi and take off like they're supposed to, yet it doesn't address the issue of them not being able to taxi out of the hangars.

(Oh hey Rayers12) :D

Best, Splicer.

"So far I had to place the planes in front of the hangars. This allows them to taxi and take off like they're supposed to, yet it doesn't address the issue of them not being able to taxi out of the hangars."

I also have runway allocation problems.

"

I also have runway allocation problems.

Don't know about that... I place the whole planes just out of and in front of the hangars and as soon as they get setFuel 1 the taxi on their own to the start of the runway and then they take off all by themselves.

I don't use a single line of code.

Try that and see how it goes. :)

Best, Splicer.

Thats what I've tried, the setfuel. Also, any way to completely obliterate that obnoxious sound they make?

Thats what I've tried, the setfuel. Also, any way to completely obliterate that obnoxious sound they make?

That's what setFuel zero does too! :D

No. It does not. The planes make the engineOn sound and then shut off. Multiply by 40 planes.

Hmmm... I don't know what to say. I have 6 planes and when I use setFuel 0 they all go silent. :confused:

Unfortunately the hangar openings are extremely tight for Aircraft. If you use waypoints than a precise positioning of the aircraft is essential. Not withstanding various attempts the aircraft bumps into front panel of the hangar. My plane starts immediately to turn left. I'm able to get it out of the hangar but it's not a smooth thing since hangar openings are simply a bit too tight. It's maybe a flaw of the model design.

I'll try to upload maybe a vid to show what I could achieve, but it take some time.

regards

Edit: Here's the video. That is best result I could achieve with a lot of tweaking of the initial A-10 position in the hangar.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haAAsKD4S4k&hl=it_IT&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haAAsKD4S4k&hl=it_IT&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Edited by nettrucker

Hi nettrucker,

I saw your video and I experienced the same thing.

I think the problem is that ArmA2's engine sets a waypoint at the beginning of the airfield and overwrites anything else. :(

I can't come up with any other explanation as to why planes inside hangars immediately turn left. :confused:

I'm creating a mission where I want realism in it and I would like all planes to be able to ride out of the hangar, THEN turn left, and go on to take off... But it isn't happening. (sigh).

Best, Splicer.

I have tried various waypoint tricks.

(Oh hey splicer.)

I may have to ditch this concept.

I think the problem is that ArmA2's engine sets a waypoint at the beginning of the airfield and overwrites anything else.

Thats correct. Its the official "taxi-in" point of the airfield, defined in the islands configeration.