Sign in to follow this  
11_harley_11

playable unit trigger

Hi there,

Would someone mind talking me through making a trigger that makes a unit playable only after a task is completed?

I have some reinforcements sitting in a chopper off world which I can call in after Task1 is completed (they join my squad via a trigger). But I don't want the option to switch to them until they're on the ground. Is this possible?

any help greatly appreciated.

yeah thanks for that. I actually found those already but I'm not sure what to do with them. The wiki isn't very noob friendly.

I have unit1 , unti2 etc as playable. Do I make a trigger and put addSwitchableUnit unit1, unit2 etc in the act of trigger? And put task1 in the condition? If so what should the syntax look like in the act?

---------- Post added at 08:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 AM ----------

ok so I've got one of the units playable with this 'addSwitchableUnit unit1' in the triggers act and task1 in the condition. But what do I put in it to add unit2 unit3 etc? 'addSwitchableUnit unit1, unit2, unit3' gives me a missing ] error. Can someone help me with the line?

Can anyone help me with this line?

'addSwitchableUnit unit1, unit2, unit3'

this gives me a 'missing ]' error. I guess I'm missing 3 kinds of brackets, a question mark, maybe a dancing banana? :icon_wink:

Syntax: addSwitchableUnit unitName

Parameters:

unitName: Object

Type "object" means the command can only take one object at a time.

addSwitchableUnit unit1;
addSwitchableUnit unit2;
addSwitchableUnit unit3;

{addSwitchableUnit _x} forEach [unit1, unit2, unit3];

Both of these do the same thing.

Can this be made to work in MP. I cant seem to find a way to do that