Sign in to follow this  
KCB

moving grass and fps?

nooby questions; how can i see my fps rate? and is it possible to stop the plants from moving as im sure this is heavy on the fps? i have had a look around but not seeing anything core related. is there a general mod ie an ArmA wide solution or are they only island spersific. thanks

Hi, i don't know if there's an ingame way of check the FPS, as far as i know the people uses the FRAPS or similar freeware programs to check their FPS and also to take screenshots; there isn't any way or mod released to make the grass don't move with a simulated wind, in fact, there's the only place (aside of the smoke) where you can think that the wind is pressent in game because the game (like the ArmA2) don't simulates in any way the side wind. There's an addon/mod called: Kegtys Lowplants v1.1 wich reduces the visual quality of the grass and bushes on the game's default islands that saves many FPS in comparison with the default grass, check in Armedassault.info they've it there somewhere under the Addons or Mods dowloads cathegory. Let's C ya