Sign in to follow this  
Pvt.Reaper

When Diplomacy Fails

I like the new warfare mission and the ability to play as NAPA is a great addition. But I have a question, how do you get the diplomacy mode to work?

Heres What I've seen so far,

For the diplomacy section on the map screen to display anymore than the status of relations, you need to be the commander and there needs to be a human commander on the other team you want cease fire/alliance with.

You can build AI static defences around outposts

You have to be near a factory to buy units (no remote buying as far as I can see). Also you cannot buy while in a vehicle you need to be stood outside.

The insurgents cannot get planes/helecopters but do get cheap vehicles/troops. And the best ski masks!

I've only had a few games and this is a brilliant scenario, the sooner the servers fill up the better, the most I've seen on a game so far is 10 :confused: but it early days yet.

If you ever played C&C Red Alert back in the day, its kinda like that....truce for now, then you can stab em in the back later on :D

Is there a trick to using artillery in warfare mode now? Arma had a simple screen for directing strikes in ARMA 2...I don't see that option??? I set up remote arty camps, but I can't get them to fire, except as direct fire AT guns.

To bad we can't have a 6 way war with armed civis joining the fray.

Edited by Soldier of Anarchy

Yes, they can. Anyone may unite with everyone against all others. :)

I never had the chance to play that one with three human commanders, but I guess it's a lot of fun!