Sign in to follow this  
Longinius

Mid east

there are some palestinian groups that will not be satisfied until Israel is destroyed. now, i ask some of you, how do you negociate with those people? you sure as hell don't sit down at a table and ask them to stop nicely. if someone is really hell bent on suicide, can you really stop them?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Bonfire @ April 04 2002,22:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">if you don't like it thats tough.<span id='postcolor'>

If you say so.

What you call terrorism, they call legitimate struggle against an occuping army, what you call targeted killings they call assassinations.

Anyway what poll was this? And what was the question exactly? You really think these people don't want the things you want? You think a Palestinian mother wants her children to grow up to be suicide bombers? You think they want to live in fear?

i guess you missed the home videos of the mothers saying how proud they are of their suicide bombing children

the problem Jim is that u try to reason with your reasoning.

have u ever seen an american suicide bomber? how about german? italian? south-african? cuban? may be colombian? or maybe indian?

your reasoning wont work here. how can u reason with a religion and a culture that promotes suicide? killing in purpose civilians?

by the way, if u think killing civilians is a way "for resisting army" uve got a loose screw there dude! its one thing to go on soldiers, another is going after civvies.

and YES. they taught in schools that a"good jew is a dead one" from the beginning of the peace process.

a strange notion for peace loving ppl no?

You are such an idiot.

Firstly, they view it as dying for their country - and what ever your political views you have to admit it's an incredibly brave act to make the ultimate sacrifice for your beliefs... whatever they may be.

Secondly they've lost their children. You cannot possibly understand how horrible that is until it happens to you.

Thirdly what home videos are these? On BBC television there was an program that interviewed the parents of several suicide bombers. They were not happy in the slightest that their children were dead. This old Palestinian woman was crying "You bring your children up only to lose them".

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ACEJim @ April 04 2002,22:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What you call terrorism, they call legitimate struggle against an occuping army, what you call targeted killings they call assassinations.<span id='postcolor'>

Who cares?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Anyway what poll was this?

<span id='postcolor'>

This isn't the one I was referring to but it will do:

http://www.imra.org.il/story.php3?id=10536

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And what was the question exactly? You really think these people don't want the things you want?<span id='postcolor'>

When their children are educated from day one to hate Jews and when their newspapers, radio and TV blair out the most vile blood libels against the Jews ever since the Oslo accords were signed, the answer is no.

When the damage is undone by having leaders who are truely interested in peaceful coexistance and after years of undoing the brainwashing, then maybe they'll be a chance again. But Arafat and company have done long term and possibly irreversable damage.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You think a Palestinian mother wants her children to grow up to be suicide bombers?<span id='postcolor'>

You can come here and watch them every night on TV. Lately, you can watch their daughters and small children, too, singing the praises of blowing themselves up. This is straight from PA or foreign TV. Whether it reaches you or not - hah - I tend to doubt it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You think they want to live in fear?<span id='postcolor'>

Ain't it funny how you folks never ask them these questions?

this was one translated off al jazeera so i find it a little hard to believe that it would be Israeli propeganda.

i guess if someone blew up Big Ben in a suicide bombing you would praise their bravery?

blowing up busses and shopping malls and restaurants does not solve anything

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (scout @ April 04 2002,20:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

"the problem Jim is that u try to reason with your reasoning.

have u ever seen an american suicide bomber? how about german? italian? south-african? cuban? may be colombian?"

Tamil Tigers, Japanese Kamikaze units, Special Luftwaffe Units trained to fly modified V-1 bombs into important targets, and if you go further back into history you'll see that suicide has been a tactic for almost every country around the world.

"or by the way, if u think killing civilians is a way "for resisting army" uve got a loose screw there dude! its one thing to go on soldiers, another is going after civvies."

Exactly what is the huge difference between German, American, British, Italian and Japanese terror bombing during world war two and suicide bombing? Except that we "civilized" people do our bombing from a great height?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ACEJim @ April 04 2002,22:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You are such an idiot.

Firstly, they view it as dying for their country - and what ever your political views you have to admit it's an incredibly brave act to make the ultimate sacrifice for your beliefs... whatever they may be.<span id='postcolor'>

Idiots are fools like you who can't distinguish acts of evil from good.

Why is it brave and not foolish? What good did Hirohito's Kamikazes do? At least they attempted to play within some acceptabloe framework of war.

More drivvle.

thanks jim, now i know that u have serious claims to back u up.

last time i checked japanese kamakaze pilots crashed into warships threatening their country not flying into los angeles and finding random civilian targets

It's just not the israeli's fault.But it's hard to stick up for the other side when someone walks in a bar,hotel,other to blow it up.

If one man in a family kills another man,do you go kill his family ? no.Let's say that man is israeli army,gov't and the family is the civilians,but this works for both sides also.if one man go kills another man ,do you go to his house and throw his family in jail/kill ? no.....My point is both sides have blame.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ April 04 2002,20:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ACEJim @ April 04 2002,22:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You are such an idiot.

Firstly, they view it as dying for their country - and what ever your political views you have to admit it's an incredibly brave act to make the ultimate sacrifice for your beliefs... whatever they may be.<span id='postcolor'>

Idiots are fools like you who can't distinguish acts of evil from good.

More drivvle.<span id='postcolor'>

HA!

You can't out argue me so you just resort to insults.

You know I'm right but you're just too bigoted to admit it.

Was Bobby Sands brave for starving himself to death for his beliefs? Yes. Was he foolish? Maybe.

Were the S11th hijackers brave for flying airliners into the twin towers? YES! Was it an evil act? YES!!!

You don't have to support the S11th attacks to recognise that the willingness to sacrifice your life for a cause YOU believe to be just is an incredibly brave thing to do!

Edited because I can't spell confused.gif

i believe u started calling names no? or is it a show of how u "see" things.

to kill yourself in order to kill as much ppl as u can isnt brave. its cowardice

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Were the S11th hijackers brave for flying airliners into the twin towers? YES! Was it an evil act? YES!!!<span id='postcolor'>

Maybe brave,but very stupid,also whiners.People in middle-east think their life is bad,it is to a point.But africa has it worst then anyone.Middle-east people think that if they can't live happy they have to go f***** up someone else life.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (scout @ April 04 2002,21:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i believe u started calling names no? or is it a show of how u "see" things.

to kill yourself in order to kill as much ppl as u can isnt brave. its cowardice<span id='postcolor'>

Yup, that's pure cowardice, strapping explosives to your body and knowing you'll never see tomorrow.

But an IDF soldier sitting in a 100 ton tank is so brave isn't he?

62 ton actually I think...and to be surrounded by a thousand screaming people all wanting nothing to do but to kill and desecrate you?

Yeah...I think its still brave too....

in an urban environment with thousands of buildings housing guys with AT missiles being in a tank is just as dangerous. i guess you've never played OFP. the only reason the palestinians aren't shooting at the tanks is so they can play the innocent defenseless people card.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ACEJim @ April 04 2002,23:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But an IDF soldier sitting in a 100 ton tank is so brave isn't he?<span id='postcolor'>

No, he's relatively safe. More important, he's doing what's right.

"in an urban environment with thousands of buildings housing guys with AT missiles being in a tank is just as dangerous. i guess you've never played OFP. the only reason the palestinians aren't shooting at the tanks is so they can play the innocent defenseless people card."

Oh this just gets better and better!!!biggrin.gif

Newsflash: Life... is not.... a computer game!

"the only reason the palestinians aren't shooting at the tanks is so they can play the innocent defenseless people card."

Or maybe they don't have any anti-tank weapons...

You think they wouldn't have used them by now???

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ April 04 2002,21:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ACEJim @ April 04 2002,23:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But an IDF soldier sitting in a 100 ton tank is so brave isn't he?<span id='postcolor'>

No, he's relatively safe. More important, he's doing what's right.<span id='postcolor'>

In YOUR opinion he's doing what is right.

In the opinion of the PALESTINIANS the suicide bombers are doing what is right.

Avon Lady

I'd take these Euro's comments with a grain of salt.  Their anti-semitic extremism created the need for a Jewish state. They continue to condemn Israelis for trying to stop suicide bombers when the bombers intentions are to genocide the Jewish people again.

http://www.washtimes.com/world/20020402-81059846.htm

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

AceJim, how many people have been killed total by IRA bombs?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ACEJim @ April 04 2002,23:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"the only reason the palestinians aren't shooting at the tanks is so they can play the innocent defenseless people card."

Or maybe they don't have any anti-tank weapons...

You think they wouldn't have used them by now???<span id='postcolor'>

Who told you they don't shoot RPGs here? Besides them being fired for ages already in Gaza and lately in Judea and Samaria, practically every weapons cache the IDF has uncovered in recent incursions (including in Arafat's HQ) has contained RPGs.

Speaking of computer games, what can often happen to you in OFP when you fire an underpowered AT weapon at a top of the line MBT?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ACEJim @ April 04 2002,23:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">In the opinion of the PALESTINIANS the suicide bombers are doing what is right.<span id='postcolor'>

If I could, I would have fought against the Nazis 60 years ago and I couldn't care less that they though that they're right.