Sign in to follow this  
Helmut_AUT

WARFARE (SuperPowers, Civil War) changed in the beta?

I just noticed this today:

If I load plain 1.04 and set up my own "me only" MP server with Superpowers Scenario, I can go to "Parameters" and only have two Parameters to chose from (victory condition and game specific like fast time+no arty). These two parameters are correctly translated into German Lang.

If I do the same in the beta, I get much more parameters (number of capturable towns, Neutral AI strenght...) but they are all in english.

Does anyone know which PBO stores the default MP scenarios? There's certainly a missmatch here, but the changelog doesn't mention any improvements.

Am sure the developers will correct any errors like this in time for the patch 1.05, remember this is a beta version so expect the odd little error in them. But please do keep reporting them.

Just to be clear: I'm not complaining about non-localized parameters. I'm saying the Beta WARFARE missions have about ten times as much setup options than plain 1.04, and most of these options are actually very cool and important.

If they haven't been added in the beta, then why am I not seeing them in 1.04? Could it be a bug in 1.04 with localization?

lots of new options have been added to warfare in the betas. my favorites so far are the resistance defense range, secondary camp objectives and being able to select the number of towns you want to play with. being able to respawn with your load out is nice too.

Thanks, so this are in fact beta additions not mentioned in the changelog. I thought I was imaginating things...

Yes, respawning with the same loadout and number of towns up for capture are the two most important things IMHO.

Just opened up 1.04 without the beta and tried, and the artillery still didn't work. I remember it working, but like Helmut I haven't played warfare since an older version. Unfortunately I only have a Steam copy so I can't revert to an older patch to see where it broke.