Sign in to follow this  
Moosed

Radio Chatter

For some reason my game no longer has any radio chatter or talk, instead of hearing my team mates call out enemies i am now greeted with silence. I have checked the audio options and radio chatter is not muted or anything, so i am not sure what is going on.

I recently installed AC2 Beta, so maybe that caused issues... anyone able to help ?

Ace mod switches off the chatter but you can turn it back on following the instructions in the client side config in userconfig\ace\ file

Ace mod switches off the chatter but you can turn it back on following the instructions in the client side config in userconfig\ace\ file

ok, cheers for the quick response. unfortunately you have completley lost me... im not clued up about technical talk unlike most arma gamers.

any chance you could explain what to do in simpleton terms ;):p

---------- Post added at 02:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 AM ----------

ok im half way there

/*//////////////////////////////////////////////

CONFIG SETTING FOR : ACE 2 MOD - NO VOICE, NO RADIO CHATTER

--------------------

FEATURES: Disables AI radio chatter as well as player radio chatter

---------

TO ENABLE: Remove the "//" in front of the #define to enable the NO VOICE, NO RADIO CHATTER feature. To disable, think vice versa.

----------

//////////////////////////////////////////////*/

#define ACE_NOVOICE

don't really understand what im meant to do though. it says remove "//" before the #define. so would that mean it should look like

/*//////////////////////////////////////////////

--------------------

---------

TO ENABLE: Remove the "//" in front of the #define to enable the NO VOICE, NO RADIO CHATTER feature. To disable, think vice versa.

----------

#define ACE_NOVOICE

????

"TO ENABLE: Remove the "//" in front of the #define to enable the NO VOICE, NO RADIO CHATTER feature. To disable, think vice versa."

so with using the highest logic which this sentence requires

//#define ACE_NOVOICE

Being not a native english speaker, it can be a bit confusing

--------------------

---------

By just skimming those words, ppl can assume the voice feature is by default is disabled, so to enable voice you remove the '//' infront of the #define, so people can get a little bit confuse and misunderstood.

So to reiterate, to HAVE the AI Radio Chatter back ON, you put this line:

//#define ACE_NOVOICE