Sign in to follow this  
Aculaud

I am very disapointed in bis's lack of sniping....

The mil-dot ranging system on the M24 (according to the manual), shows 3.5 mil dots height on a standing target at 500 meters range. so .. what i did was, put a soldier at 500 meters. check through the scope and adjust the zoom accordingly. thats how i came up with the setting.

And the 300 zeroing was for the old old model. it should be zeroed at a longer range now (haven't measured it up yet though).

[FILO]HuBBa

ok, well in that case, you should really consider, just for the games sake, having a manual zoom on it with its current zoom level as the maximum, so your field ov view isnt staggeringly limited at closer ranges

Nope. no Manual zoom, as the M24 SWS system doesn't use and i want that to be as "realistic" as possible.

However.... There is a initiative right now to set up a weapon / ammo / vehicles reference document with real world balanced specs and OFP balanced specs. So what we will do, is release two versions in the near future of all our weapons. One balanced for the "normal" OFP game, and one balanced for "real" specs.

The game specs would mean the zoom will be roughly equal to the max zoom of the M21 (which is 9x whereas the M24 is 10x).

The "real" specs btw means that all the current weaponry is going to be re-released with a "real" flag and adjusted specs. So a Sabot for example may well take out a MBT in one round. There will be a webpage up for this initiative soon so stay tuned for more info.

[FILO]HuBBa