Sign in to follow this  
InsurgencyRising

Improvised rocket artillery - Modelled, need implementation

So here's what I got:

97r609.jpg

However this is not animated and I have not the slightest idea how to implement it.

If someone wants a crack at this then I'm willing to send the model to you.

So here's what I got:

97r609.jpg

However this is not animated and I have not the slightest idea how to implement it.

If someone wants a crack at this then I'm willing to send the model to you.

What exactly do you want to animate there?

Do you want to change the launch angle?

What exactly do you want to animate there?

Do you want to change the launch angle?

You don't actually have to animate the launch itself? Sorry I have no experience in implementing anything, so you just make it dissapear from the ramp and spawn one without the ramp or somethig?

Regardless if someone could make this happen in any way it would be much appreciated, leave a message here if you can make it work and I'll drop you the DL link to the models.

Yeah you could animate launch angle, as well as the launch itself although that may be a case of using proxys rather than a modelled missle on the ramp. That means that the missle and ramp are seperate files that just come together in game to create what you have pictured above, the when fired the seperate missile model will leave the ramp and head to its explody end :)

Might be worth trying to get in touch with someone who has done work on aircraft as I reckon the pylons on the wings with missiles is a similar concept (cant think of anyone off the top of my head though)

Since noone have replied here is the model files in 3ds format, if someone ever make them work please post them in this topic or put up on modding sites like armaholic etc.

xli5nn.jpg

Mirror 1

I did some work on a mobile SAM system for Arma1.

You could use the BIS default AA gun pods for CFG, just alter the amounts of weapons in the magazine.

It would be interesting to see what weapon type you could use, as a missile profile won't be what you want, you might be able to use the BIS arty module and use these the same way as the MRLS.

Just throwing thoughts out there for people :)

Unfortunately I'm tied up in Tie fighters, F/A18's and light sabers at the moment

Southy

had a talk with somebody from the ace team about getting this put into acex with permissions from insurgencyrising.