Sign in to follow this  
Ex-RoNiN

Help

Ok, I have Win XP installed, I need ME to connect to the net though.

How do I go about creating a dual boot up system then?

Help pleasee sad.gif

i have dule boot you need a partitioned drive first off ,

and then its realy just folow the directions and install on the 2nd drive ,XP dose the hard bits for you now

why do you need ME can't you log on to the net with XP???

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (168GRN HPBT @ April 03 2002,02:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i have dule boot you need a partitioned drive first off ,

and then its realy just folow the directions and install on the 2nd drive ,XP dose the hard bits for you now

why do you need ME can't you log on to the net with XP???<span id='postcolor'>

no, my smartass modem manufacturer decided to change its website an hour ago, and thus also my modem was no longer supported under XP confused.gif

There are some XP drivers around for my modem, but they are V-92 ones, my modem is V-90 and therefore can't connect sad.gif

It has to be ME for it then confused.gif

So how do I partition under XP then?

I use partition magic 7 it dose every thing for you

if you want the dos comands i will have to go fid the manuals and read

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (168GRN HPBT @ April 03 2002,03:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I use partition magic 7 it dose every thing for you

if you want the dos comands i will have to go fid the manuals and read<span id='postcolor'>

partition magic 7 is a program under XP?

or do i have to download it?

solution: go out and buy an external modem from any local store.. they are easier to maintain, and run up to 20% faster.

Downside: You gotta find a place to put it, although it's only the side of a can of soda... some have batteries.. (not many)

But if you get a new one... then you won't have to worry about it being updated to XP.. cause most the new ones should be... eh? eh? wink.gif

i dont have ICQ/MSN or anything sad.gif

thats part of the problem really, aint it wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (§nake @ April 03 2002,03:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">solution: go out and buy an external modem from any local store..  they are easier to maintain, and run up to 20% faster.

Downside: You gotta find a place to put it, although it's only the side of a can of soda...  some have batteries..  (not many)

But if you get a new one...  then you won't have to worry about it being updated to XP..  cause most the new ones should be...  eh? eh?  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

a) it IS external

b) not spending money on that anymore

Ex Ronin, I have a dual boot with 98 and xp.

THis is how u do it for what I remeber:

1) BACKUP ALL UR DATA

2) Boot pc with WiN ME cd in the cd rom

3) Boot from cd and if u are asked if u want to install say yes

4) My hard drive is 40 gig so when I got there I made a partition of 20 gig and installed 98 on it. To make the partition u don't need no external program, just use the installation wizard in ME. it is gonna ask u where to install me and u will pick to make a new partition, specify amount of space u need there and format it to FAT32 or NTFS. If u pick the second format type when U r in win me u will be able to see data in xp (C:/) directory and vice versa (D:/) if not only from xp u will be able to see me directory.

5) when you are done installing ME boot the pc with the xp cd in

6) As b4 it will ask you where to install it, choose to make a new partition and format it and install on that partition

7) ta ta, now that u r done when u turn on ur pc a menu will show and u pick which OS u want to use smile.gif

If this was confusing just ask Microsoft and they will be more than glad to help you, but that is how more or less I did mine. U can e-mail me if u need more help ale2999@hotmail.com

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ April 03 2002,01:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ok, I have Win XP installed, I need ME to connect to the net though.

How do I go about creating a dual boot up system then?

Help pleasee sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

uh? Don't call me ingnorant or anything, but how can you post here if you can't get online? sad.gif, hmmm, I'm probably just being dumb again tho. Maybe your local computer shop can help you? :O

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Damage Inc @ April 03 2002,18:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The solution is to throw XP out of a window.<span id='postcolor'>

XP is hella better than ME...and is 10,000 times better than 98....

I haven't had a problem with hardware OR software under XP.

Just my two cents

Can't you simply select a generic 56k driver for your modem? That's what I've done in the past with my old modem and it's worked just fine smile.gif