Sign in to follow this  
Drew

maybe a stupid question, but I'm not sure where else to ask.

This is the first time that I've ever attempted porting A1 addons into A2, so bare with me please :D

I Have a Arma 1 file, I Depacked useing PBO Viewer program, changed a few of the config files so that they work with ARMA 2, now I want to pack them all up again so they are in 1 PBO, what program packs all of the files into 1 PBO file, I thought it was BinPBO Personal Edition but that doesnt seem to be working, I keep getting errors about line spacing and such...so confusing to me :( perhaps I'm doing it all wrong? any help would be much appreciated. thanks.

BinPBO actually should work fine for pbo-ing. If you're getting errors, most probably your config is broken.

Upload it (copy/paste) to http://pastebin.com so we can have a look on it. Don't forget to give the link to your uploaded file.

Another question, was the original Addon binarized? If you had to convert the config from .bin to .cpp then probably yes. You may also try to open the .p3d file with O2, if it gives you just a scare and says it can't load binarized files, then you know for sure.

I have no clue if it was binarized as I said I'm very new to this, the actual addon worked in ARMA 2 with out having to change anything, all though the only way you could get it to work was to spawn it Empty, with out a pilot becuase it would crash to desk top if you spawned it with a pilot, All I did was merely change the config.cpp from BIS_CAMEL_PILOT2 to RU_Soldier_Pilot (or something of that nature) I jcant figure out how to pack it all up into 1 PBO again thats where I'm stuck at.

Read my post again, please:

Another question, was the original Addon binarized? If you had to convert the config from .bin to .cpp then probably yes.

Don't give up that fast...upload the complete folder to senduit.com and i'll (and maybe others) have a look at it.

"all though the only way you could get it to work was to spawn it Empty, with out a pilot becuase it would crash to desk top if you spawned it with a pilot,"

this means you either do not have a view-pilot lod or it has an error in it.

All I did was merely change the config.cpp from BIS_CAMEL_PILOT2 to RU_Soldier_Pilot (or something of that nature) I jcant figure out how to pack it all up into 1 PBO again thats where I'm stuck at.

@CSJ

he already changed the crew classname so this should solve this issue. He can't repack it to pbo, thats his actual problem.

Sadly he refuses any coorperation so i'm affraid it's not possible to help him.

I'm having a hard time with the config now Ill post it as soon as i fix it. sorry its taking a while, Ill post it as soon as I fix it, and CSJ Myke is correct about the crew class name :D

---------- Post added at 06:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 AM ----------

http://www.filefront.com/15012887/FFS_bf109.rar

heres the link to the download, thanks again for atleast taking a look at it.

Edited by Drew

woops - mu Fup. Anything over 3 lines of txt just looks all squiggles and swirls to me.

Just the cfg here in a spoiler would do for the moment.

Ok, had a quick look into it and got it working ingame. So here what you have to do:

Open the config.cpp and search the EventHandlers section:

class EventHandlers
	{
		engine = "_this exec ""\FFS_bf109\engine.sqs""";
		fired = "_this execVM ""\FFS_bf109\fired.sqf""";
	};

In your config, the semicolon after the engine and fired line were missing. The above snippet shows you the corrected version already.

Then, delete the whole chapters "cfgSkeletons" and "cfgModels". Be careful that you just delete those 2 chapters (several dozen lines) and you don't miss any end brackets };

Open BinPBO, uncheck the "Binarize" box. The 3D models are already binarized and for some reason, binarize.exe hangs when trying to do so.

These changes have made me importing the plane (manned and unmanned) ingame.

youre quite the pro Myke, I must admit! Ty for all of your help :)