Sign in to follow this  
victim913

Question about addons/ where to put the other files

I know how to make the @mod thing, but what about the rest of the folders?

For example, I just downloaded Community Base Addons.

There is:

@CBA folder

docs folder

keys folder

source folder

It is my understanding that i put the @CBA folder in my Bohemia Interactive folder and use the @CBA to the shortcut.

But where do the other three folders go? right now they are sitting in my downloaded folder.

I have a bunch of other stuff i downloaded that have these folders.

I know there is something about server keys that i don't understand yet so i want to make sure everything is where it goes. thanks

I think keys are just for servers, so server owner can decide what addons pople can use, Source folder probably contains material that the addon was made of, so people can check how someone did something. Docs, sounds like it contains documents, maybeh?

I think keys are just for servers, so server owner can decide what addons pople can use, Source folder probably contains material that the addon was made of, so people can check how someone did something. Docs, sounds like it contains documents, maybeh?

As above. Realistically all you need is the @CBA. Keys are for multiplayer, they go in the keys folder in the ArmA root folder. Source is for addon makers and nosy people who want to see how its put together. Docs is the help files, not nesscessary to run the addon, its a manual.