Sign in to follow this  
imatic

Is it possible to play Arma 2 without the DVD?

About steam. I've said this before and some people didn't believe me... I can understand that since it works for them, but every couple of days I start my pc up and I get the message that I can't connect to steam. That means I cannot play. The next day it usually works but that's something I don't need.

Just my two cents.

That's definitely an issue on your end, but I certainly don't blame you for not using it. It's a personal choice.

2 Dvd drives solve it for me (arma in one PES in the other), didnt actually know that the beta removed the cd check :o

Well I pretty much solved the issue by never removing the DVD from my drive ... :)

Edit: gotta make a thread for that ...

In Daemon tools, I've made an image of the disk and activated SecuROM emulation, and it works for me. Now to sort out my overheating issues, and I am a happy man...

If you're using @beta you don't need it.

once again, it's not about convenience, but rather the accommodation of people with mental illnesses. an example. someone suffering from extreme neurosis may be afraid that his dvd might get damaged in the process of loading/ejecting it. perhaps some people are afraid they might accidentally touch the reading surface.

there are ways to remedy this problem, such as proving concrete data showing the extremely small chance that the disc will become damaged in the load/eject process, or get damaged by touch.

until those figures can be shown, people suffering from mild to severe neurosis will continue to be discriminated against by video game companies.

.. or it COULD be that some of us mental wrecks have kids using the same computer and they might, just might, not be as careful with discs.

I say again, if you have the beta installed you don't need the DVD.