Sign in to follow this  
larsiano

Use Action" custom control for airlift/pickup function

I was wondering if it was possible to bind a "use action" slot for picking up vehicles and other objects with the chopper. At this time the only option i know how is to scroll down in the user menu with the mouse and this option is very annoying when you are using a joystick. I have searched this forum and have found nothing to help me in the right direction. Also i have taken a look at the player config but i think all key commands are binded by numbers? I have binded the standard "player menu" to a joystick button but to be able to use it the menu must already be on "pick-up" and it disappears after about 30 seconds after which you have to start over again. If anyone has any clues i would be grateful :notworthy::notworthy:

I have not flown for a while but from memory I was using KB and was using action key.

I thought that as long as you are in Lift chopper once you were in the "Zone" it prompts you to "Lift" when you are correct H and D from obj... so you just hit action key....

i got some buttons at my joystick's base...i smapped next and previous action to these buttons, as well as use action.

but since i got trackir i use the cooliehat for these things:

up/down= previous/next actio

left = cancel action

right = use action

I use the MS sidewinder F.F. 2 and it has 8 buttons available (12 if you use TrackIR)

The version i use does not prompt me with a pickup request if i hover above the transport able object. I only have the "Mando Hitch Hud" to help me find my way. But using the joystick and mouse at the same time with the same hand is a bit hard :)

Dr.Pulp method would offer a nice alternative although I am not satisfied yet!! Dr. ....Could you explain the use of TrackIR to control the usermenu :)

I have tried to bind the net previous button of the user menu to trackIR up and down but this does not make the selection change im afraid

My Joystick button config:

1=Fire button

2=Change gunner weapon

3=Manual fire

4=Next target

5=Eject

6=Show map

7=Perform action <--

8=Lights

POV left= Switch external view

POV right= Turn in / out (not for air use, could be altert)

POV up/down= Gear control

I was actually looking for a way to program: "turn off engine" on a joystick button as well, but it seems this option is not available in the user defined control screen anywhere! Sind’s the number of buttons are limited and it is much faster to just use one button for such a "on the fly" task as to lift an object while in motion i would prefer to bind it to a button directly. I hope it is posible?

Edited by larsiano
added question about cooliehat /TrackIr use

hmmm ok

I can also map keystrokes to any buttons on my X52 HOTAS so it is simple..

hope you find a fix for your setup

@larsiano:

I dont use TrackIR to do these things...but since i got TrackIR i didn't need the coolie hat no more..so use it for navigating the action menu!

The Pickup function for helicopters is an addon. if the addon isn't programm to use a seperate button...you won't be able to assign one.

Edited by Dr.Pulp

@ Dogz: Keystrokes i can also bind to any joystick button.. but it is not in the list and the same goos for the Engine off function.

@Dr.Pulp: I hope that this is not the final solution, so i gues i have to dig a little deeper and keep looking........