Sign in to follow this  
fantsu

Counterattack and Village Sweep

Just played these through on hardest difficulty setting, with super AI and such.

Took something like 15 minutes.

Too easy I think. Village Sweep was pathetic, just ordered all my troops in the middle of the village, didn't even have chance to see what happened, when the mission was cleared already, took less than 3 minutes.

:eek:

Your ideas? Is there any way to make this harder? Weaken your allies even more?

:mad:

Counterattack has about three enemies in it. At least that's all I saw. The biggest challenge is the potential lag in Elektrozavodsk.

Village sweep at least has some machine guns you can walk into unawares, and plenty of freak accidents involving air support.

That BRDM actually shot the pilot out of the reinforcement huey, causing it to land unharmed in the street in front of it. The crew lay down near the wheels and sat there while the turret gunner picked his nose. I think the driver was dead. I popped the tires and he decided to bail out and face the music.

Counterattack was entertaining when last I played it because a mortar shell knocked out my entire squad the instant we piled out of the BMP. (It may have been the BMP's cannon hitting a nearby house, actually)

Only the CO and a rifleman were killed, so I got to command for the rest of the mission, including the privilege to re-enter and control the BMP.

So yeah, frag that jerk and have more fun.

Just played these through on hardest difficulty setting, with super AI and such.

Took something like 15 minutes.

Too easy I think. Village Sweep was pathetic, just ordered all my troops in the middle of the village, didn't even have chance to see what happened, when the mission was cleared already, took less than 3 minutes.

:eek:

Your ideas? Is there any way to make this harder? Weaken your allies even more?

:mad:

I struggled with Village Sweep, it took a while to finish it. Because I didn't know it was a high command mission, I didn't call in the armor. I just went in with my three squadmates. So, if you don't use the armor and don't call in the air support then this mission is quite a challenge, much harder than the earlier scenarios.

I struggled with Village Sweep, it took a while to finish it. Because I didn't know it was a high command mission, I didn't call in the armor. I just went in with my three squadmates. So, if you don't use the armor and don't call in the air support then this mission is quite a challenge, much harder than the earlier scenarios.

i sniped the enemies from afar with the help of an air strike on the town center. took about half the enemy forces out.

didn't even realize i could control the allies. i thought they would automatically follow.