Sign in to follow this  
grimfer

Yet more Dogs of War bugs!

Hooray, did anyone else get this or only me?

I played this mission for quite a while, when night came (ingame, that is). And suddenly I had no NV or binoculars! I tell you, the chernarussian evenings are really pitch black! So I was blind as a bat. That sucked. The only way to mend this, seems to be to restart the entire mission. And checking immediately after the boring talking in the beginning is over with.

The problem is that the bug showed up in about half my attempts to restart...

Another bug or simply bad programming: I just built my first chopper, and before I knew it, it took off, and it never came back. If I ordered it to go to a certain place, it just did a high speed fly-by, and stopped to hover about a km away.

I ordered it to attack a target, and it did. THEN it landed. Right in the middle of Chernogorsk, about 2 meters away from an enemy 4X4 with a machine gun.

There should have been some commands exclusive for aircraft, like: Land here, unload here, hover.

the NV goggles is probably a bug since i think razor teram is supposed to have NV googles from the start of DoW.

One thing you can do is to go back to your base and buy a pilot.

then you can browse his gear and order him to drop his NV googles.

When he have dropped them you can pick them up then just send the pilot to a HC group.

Or you can steal NV's from enemy officers.

Has anyone reported this issue? Razor team (inc player) for me had no NV goggles at the start of the mission. Sure, the player can kill an officer or crewman (mine were from a BDRM-2 crewman) but it still hampers the game when the other 3 team members can't see anything!

Has anyone reported this issue? Razor team (inc player) for me had no NV goggles at the start of the mission. Sure, the player can kill an officer or crewman (mine were from a BDRM-2 crewman) but it still hampers the game when the other 3 team members can't see anything!

dont worrry about the other memmbers of Razor team.

all AI playes can see perfectly without NV goggles.

They have "Cat eyes"

dont worrry about the other memmbers of Razor team.

all AI playes can see perfectly without NV goggles.

They have "Cat eyes"

Are you sure? I think I can get much closer to enemies without NVGs. Maybe my team members have cat eyes, but OPFOR sure don't seem to. Am I wrong about this?

I had this bug too, thought I had somehow pushed them out of my inventory :confused:. This time I checked at the start and had NVG's equipped, it's still difficult to see in places because the exposure adjusts far too dark at times. Also doesn't help that the AI drivers don't use headlamps, for a time I was riding as passenger in an APC while I controlled units, had AI driving...no matter how many times I turned on the headlamps, they turn them back off when they get in as driver :rolleyes:

One thing you can do is to go back to your base and buy a pilot.

then you can browse his gear and order him to drop his NV googles.

Is this true? That would be another thing I didn't know about the game. Does it work with teammates? One thing which bugs me with the campaign is that no matter what weapons you buy, at the start of the next mission you're back to the M4 or AK, even on the missions which follow straight on from the last. I usually keep my team behind me so they're less likely to get damage, I try and buy weapons which have scopes. Yet my teammates still have the same weapons all through the campaign :confused:

I had this bug too, thought I had somehow pushed them out of my inventory :confused:. This time I checked at the start and had NVG's equipped, it's still difficult to see in places because the exposure adjusts far too dark at times. Also doesn't help that the AI drivers don't use headlamps, for a time I was riding as passenger in an APC while I controlled units, had AI driving...no matter how many times I turned on the headlamps, they turn them back off when they get in as driver :rolleyes:

Is this true? That would be another thing I didn't know about the game. Does it work with teammates? One thing which bugs me with the campaign is that no matter what weapons you buy, at the start of the next mission you're back to the M4 or AK, even on the missions which follow straight on from the last. I usually keep my team behind me so they're less likely to get damage, I try and buy weapons which have scopes. Yet my teammates still have the same weapons all through the campaign :confused:

if i remember it correctly the AI headlights on/off is dependent on what mode you have put them in.

Stealth and danger means that the AI turns the headlights off while in aware & Safe mode they'll have them on.

or not sure about Aware mode but the others are correct.

if i remember it correctly the AI headlights on/off is dependent on what mode you have put them in.

Stealth and danger means that the AI turns the headlights off while in aware & Safe mode they'll have them on.

or not sure about Aware mode but the others are correct.

Thanks, that makes sense - I have them in danger most of the time, that must be why ;)

I'm playing DOW as I write this, another bug/piece of advice to anyone is be careful of the enemy static launchers at the strongpoints, they can be very buggy..make sure you save before you get to them in each town. Just had one in Kamyshovo, my T-72 crew kept getting taken out by it but couldn't seem to destroy it. I crept over to kill the crew and he's sitting there 6 ft away facing me and firing at my units and I emptied two mags into him without killing him. Suddenly another enemy soldier spawns behind him out of thin air and falls dead to the ground, as that's happening the guy who was manning the launcher jumps out a meter or so to the right and starts shooting at me. At that point my bullets did hit him but as he falls to the ground my tank gunner shoots me in the back :rolleyes:.

Then at the next strongpoint in that town I get into the launcher as gunner to take down an enemy supply truck to the west, I click the menu to enter the gun and next thing I know I'm on the floor badly wounded with the screen flashing red and my #2 in command taking over and ordering everyone back to Elektrozavodsk which we just captured :confused:

Also, me and my team keep taking damage when exiting vehicles, didn't really notice until I installed latest beta patch - vehicles are never moving when we get out but over half of the time they get injured now :rolleyes:

The campaign is great underneath, it's just all the bugs :D

Edited by 5hero

I think I get ALL the bugs. I also get that injury/deaths when exiting vehicles. So far these are SOME of the problems I've had with DoW (not just bugs):

1. When CDF and NAPA are close to a capture/conquer objective, the town never gets conquered. The town stays red on the map for ever. The only way to conquer it, is a bad case of friendly fire.

2. Capture the guy on the island: I left razor 2-4 at the base, and brought an assault team with me to the island in a chopper. I got injured, and it took forever to get first aid, even though my medic was no more than 50 m away. By the time I regained command, most of my team had disappeared into the sea. I had two infantry left plus the one I had manning a machine gun on the chopper.

3. When I reloaded, and avoided getting shot up, two of my guys instantly died when they exited the chopper back at the base. The rest started running away. I stopped most of them, but number 11 got about 1500 meters south east before I noticed he was gone. He never made it back, poor sod.

4. In about half of the times I started playing DoW, night vision and binoculars are gone. Once I didn't realize this until nightfall, and I had to restart the whole damn thing.

5. The chopper pilots are idiots. All choppers crash stupidly into trees.

6. When I got to command Marines, Chernagorsk was under control. I moved the Marine tanks to defend the outskirts of the city, I thought that was a good idea. After all, what can the Chedaki come up with to compete with that? Apparently a lot. 5 minutes later, half of the tanks were destroyed. I wasnt' anywhere close, so I have no idea how that could happen. Later I discovered that other units were missing too.

7. The game crashes more and more often. Now it crashes sometimes when it autosaves, sometimes it shuts completely down when I suspend the game, and sometimes it shells out, I can see the Arma2 icon on the taskbar, but clicking it does nothing. This might have something to do with me using Win7, but it's still annoying.

8. Fixed enemy weapons are so annoying! I crawled through a small forest to take out the gunner of a fixed machine gun, and succeeded. Then all of a sudden a new enemy spawns and immediately has me in his sights. This spontaneous spawning (reincarnation, perhaps) happens all the time.

9. Why do some dead bodies disappear and some don't? I just shot an enemy AT soldier, and tried to take his rpg7. As soon as I had picked up the launcher, the body disappeared, and the rockets with it.

10. Why do my trucks and vehicles blow up just because they are unmanned? And: As soon as I could afford it, I bought a T72. After a small trip on the country side, I wanted to use some other guys as crew. I exited the tank, ordered the crew to dismount, and immediately, the tank disappeared into thin air.

11. I have to drive my tank myself. The AI driver is a complete dimwit. If I am gunner or commander and order "forward", the driver still makes some idiot maneuver and we end up between two trees and a tractor. When I am the driver, I sometimes get surprised by how observant the crew CAN be. And then acute retardedness kicks in: There can be a missile soldier and a tank 10 meters away, and the gunner still shoots at the poor enemy medic in the treeline 1 km away. So combat in tanks is a stressful event, trying to drive into combat, then switch to gunner, turn the turret and trying to find that damn target, then back to driver's seat again.

But still, I keep trying!:j:

About the two southern towns (Chernagorsk and Elektrozavodsk), I had the same problem with my units being cut to shreds by the couple of enemy tanks. Also, at this point my gunners were calling out targets but for some reason had stopped opening fire on some of them. I left all of my units to the west and crept around the outside of both towns in a T-72, using buildings for cover and took out the patrolling tanks myself..after that I let the units into the town.

Don't want to hijack your thread, but can someone tell me what's the purpose of the three helis that control gave me? I set a waypoint over Elektrozavodsk and they did circle and take out some targets but as you say, about 50% of the time they tend to crash into each other or into trees.

I gave up the other night at the point where I go to capture Lopotev - if I try to swim, my team drown, even if I leave them on the shore they seem to drown :confused:. Actually, I had downed a few by that time so perhaps I had told them to follow me by mistake :p

The APCs I was given were destroyed by small arms fire somehow, I don't even know what happened to them as I never engaged them in combat. One of the walkthroughs said to use an APC (amphibious?) to cross the water to the island but this time around I don't seem to be able to buy equipment from any of the towns I capture, it's a long way back to HQ just to buy an APC.

Also, does it matter if a town is taken back by the enemy? A couple of towns we took near base later got taken by the enemy again but unless I spend an hour ordering all of my team back across the map, there's not much I can do about it apart from wait for the AI teams to get the town under control again. Is this going to affect the outcome of the mission?

EDIT: Another bug, did anyone else notice how the vehicle physics get really wacky during DOW? A couple of times I hit parked cars and they rebounded like ping pong balls and burst into flames, I managed to bounce a Lada off of a building and shoot it 40ft into the air in an impressive ball of flames just by nudging it with my tank.

Also, I started with three T-72's but had to disband one because it somehow got flipped onto its roof while it was sitting still guarding a checkpoint. Then about 30 minutes later the same thing happened to the T-72 my crew were driving, told them to move and waited, then noticed they weren't moving on the map. When I got there the tank was on its roof wriggling like a beetle, luckily I managed to bounce that one back onto its feet by ramming it down a hill into a parked car using my own T-72..

Am I the only one with this bug?

Edited by 5hero

after taking chernogorsk, i left my team in that volkswagen golf looking like car and when i ordered to disembark my medic fell down injured, even though i healed him he wouldnt stand up

I had to shoot him, drag him, heal him elsewhere and then he stood up.

Couldnt finish the mission, though, as i moved through it, it became more and more slow, it was impossible to buy something or construct, the night took forever so it really got to my nerve and i had to execute endmission.

Nice mission, but way too repetitive.

Yep, it does start to slow down later on, problem I had with that was that it makes some wacky things happen.

I did manage to find Lopotev, it was the most frustrating part of the game for me. Really the frustrating part is the exposure bug, the moment you try to zoom on your crosshairs or look in the direction of a light, the screen goes almost pitch black and takes a time to lighten up again. I had to play that part about 5 times because each time I ended up blind with a black screen and got hit by hostiles who apparently don't have the same night vision bug.

Here's how it happened for me:

Don't try to swim to the island, instead use an APC or a boat. There are some boats moored about a km west of Kamyshovo, one of these is enough to take your 4 main team members.These things are slow so it will take you 10 minutes or so to reach the island - when you get to the island, move the boat to the short just south of where the lighthouse is. Be careful to stop the boat near the shore, otherwise you'll be able to make it to shore but your team won't be able to work that out and they will drown.

Move north to the target, when you get near and can see the radio tower on the hill, slow right down - you'll probably hear Cooper calling HQ at this point. there's about 3 or 4 mercs and a sniper at the top of that tower, take your time to take them all down otherwise you won't get far.

Then move west - when you get to a house, that's where Lopotev is. There's about 4 guys there guarding him, they can be hard to git rid of because of the night vision bug. Take them down and probably you'll need to injure Lopotev too, have your medic heal him. Then there should be some audio with Cooper being told a heli is inbound to extract you, move to the south near the lighthouse and board the heli when it arrives.

Save here, because the first time Lopotev and the pilot somehow got killed when we disembarked the heli at the other end :confused:

Save here, because the first time Lopotev and the pilot somehow got killed when we disembarked the heli at the other end :confused:

I had the same thing, the Lopotev part is really buggy. First you get warped into the heli, and when you arrive at the HQ, you get automatically dumped out of it while the heli is not fully landed yet. And it happened again and again, I even tried bailing out when the heli was up high but everyone died when they landed with the parachutes.

But when I tried to order everyone to disembark just when the heli was about to land, everything went well. I don't understand why BI made the embarking and disembarking automatically in that part of the mission.

Alright guys, here's a real poser! Truly unbeleivable! Please tell me what you think of this, what has to be BIS most exemplary work at making this game impossible to complete! lol

I start the game and am chatting to Razor Team about our new objective. Within a matter of seconds, all NAPA soldiers in the base we started at begin shooting us, Razor Team shoot back and seem to be invulnerable, whilst Coops is not so lucky.

Does anyone have even the slightest idea what's going on with this bug? This campaign is so broken all you can do is laugh.

Think I'll buy the new COD tomorrow.....

taffy this is a known issue (not sure it is a bug) and i think it

has something to do with Prizrak and Badlands.

Like they want revenge for the death of Prizrak or something like that.

I don't know how to solve it though.

Edited by zdavid99

thanks david, truth be told i got frustrated with the badlands mission and used endmission. I guess i'll revert, persevere with it and see if that makes a difference to the start of Dogs of War.

Lately, the game has started shelling out and crash about twice an hour.

It crashes when autosaving, when I save (and always before the savegame is created), but not always.

Every now and then (15-30 minutes), the game just shells out and/or crashes in the middle of gameplay, but typically when I disembark from a vehicle or open the "gear" window.

Does the fact that I'm running this on Windows 7 64 bit have anything to say, you think?

thanks david, truth be told i got frustrated with the badlands mission and used endmission. I guess i'll revert, persevere with it and see if that makes a difference to the start of Dogs of War.

I think the endmission may have screwed things up for you.

I think the endmission may have screwed things up for you.

agree. I once had this too, after using end mission on badlands.

I think it was pre 1.03 patch when the APC's still were a huge pain

in the a*ss in Badlands when playing as napa.

THAT'S IT! I've had it with this f**king game.

Yesterday the game started lagging so badly (in DoW, of course) that I turned the graphics down to a ridiculously low level.

But it still crashed, and I gave up.

Today things seemed a little better (after some minor adjustments), but NOW THE GAME WON'T SAVE! If I click on the save button, I get the "This will overwrite the previous save game"-message, and click OK or yes or whatever, and the game behaves like normal, EXCEPT it DOESN'T overwrite the old savegame. Now, it seems, the only way to mend this, MIGHT be to RESTART the whole f**king DoW-mission again. BOLLOCKS to that.

I give up. I will continue to use this forum, in case a miracle happens, then I guess you guys will be the first to know!

Hehe, I've given up official campaign when I was playing DoW. When I was

attacking the Chedaki main base I got a message saying something like this: "Razor team, you must fall back. The Chedaki've overrun our base". Then I opened may map and it showed that all cities were under my control! Then mission over and headed for the bad ending's last mission...

Then official campaign was over for me. But try playing user missions/campaigns, some are really good

even if all the town are under your control there is still Chedaki units moving around on the map until you destroy the base. These units have the same objectives as you; capture all towns and destroy their enemy base (= your base).

So its quite possible that a couple of Chedaki APCs found your base and attacked it.

You need to have defences at your base.

I dont know which faction (NAPA or CDF) you play with.

If you're with NAPA you defenitely needs to have good

defences of your base.

I have played with NAPA twice and the first time

i didnt have any defences and i got the same radio

call as you and i lost the mission.

The second time i bought several T-72's and put one

of them on the road leading east from Novy/Stary Sobor

(the one of the Sobors where the NAPA base is)

it took care of all Chedaki units trying to get close to the base.

So it is not a bug but a fully intended outcome of the mission if

you dont protect your base.

I'm having a major problem mentioned in this thread too, whenever the first town gets captured, and the autosave occurs, ArmA2 stops and I have to ctrl alt del to get back to desktop, then I have to quit the process to end the game. This happens every damn time. If BI still hasn't fixed the Harvest Red campaign by 1.9 I wouldn't be surprised, yet I'm not trying to tempt fate either lol.

I had played compaign pretty good. I had just few crashes until Dogs of War... This mission is just nightmare for me! Game crashes every 20 min. It crashes when i save file, it crashes just after save, it crashes randomly. Sometimes I have error message after CTD: Out of memory in file operations.

I tried to play with mods, without mods, new beta ARMA2_Build_60309. I have the same result - CTD. What can I do stop game crashing? I repeat, I didn't have this proplem until this mission.

Why not play, even better, community made missions and campaigns?