Sign in to follow this  
Munkee(GBR)

UK SF Afghanistan/Pakistan

Hi there,

After releasing the Bravo Two Zero Gulf War 1991 units earlier this year, I had a bit of a break and have been working on a Bergen and some long range units for the Afghanistan/Pakistan theatre.

My unit is the one with the desert/woodland DPM, the other units are from the LoBo Taliban release.

Any comments/feedback would be welcome. I am still learning I'm afraid!

I am having problems with the Bergen; it's see through!! I'm not sure what I've missed in Oxygen 2 when modelling it, or in the texturing process, but if someone can help me figure it out I would be very happy!

Best wishes,

Munkee

Here you go:

sfafghan1.th.jpg

sfafghan2.th.jpg

sfafghan4.th.jpg

sfafghan3.th.jpg

I am having problems with the Bergen; it's see through!! I'm not sure what I've missed in Oxygen 2 when modelling it, or in the texturing process, but if someone can help me figure it out I would be very happy!

Did you save the texture for the bergan as a 32 bit tga? I find my textures

become transparent if I do that (a computer graphics expert might be able

to explain why; something to do with alpha channels, no doubt). Saving it

as a 24 bit tga corrects it for no perceptible loss of image quality.

And, "Woodland DPM"!? :confused:

apologies, temperate dpm :)

When texturing the bergen, I just saved it straight as a .paa. I'll double check the alpha layer. Thanks for your suggestion.

apologies, temperate dpm :)

When texturing the bergen, I just saved it straight as a .paa. I'll double check the alpha layer. Thanks for your suggestion.

Did you fix the "see-through bergan" problem? If all else fails, saving it as a

24-bit tga then converting that to a .paa should sort it out.

I didn't think they were still using those green butyl-nylon GS "rucksacks

S.A.S." these days.

Use TexView2 to save the texture into FileName_CO.paa and it wont be transparent.

If you want it to be transparent, save it to FileName_CA.paa then.

Hey fellas, many thanks for your suggestions but alas I can't get it to work!!! I don't know if I'm being a tool or it's my texview2 or photoshop not working properly? Can I ask very kindly if either of you or indeed anyone out there in the community who may be reading this and would be willing to have a go at fixing the issue for me. I am more than happy to forward you a zip folder with the mlod of the Bergen and associated texture files for you to play with. If anyone wants the mlod I'm more than happy to share it open source for the benefit of the community. Please PM me if you'd like to help. Thanks.

Hey fellas, many thanks for your suggestions but alas I can't get it to work!!! I don't know if I'm being a tool or it's my texview2 or photoshop not working properly? Can I ask very kindly if either of you or indeed anyone out there in the community who may be reading this and would be willing to have a go at fixing the issue for me. I am more than happy to forward you a zip folder with the mlod of the Bergen and associated texture files for you to play with. If anyone wants the mlod I'm more than happy to share it open source for the benefit of the community. Please PM me if you'd like to help. Thanks.

Could be (and this probably isnt it) a problem with the alpha layer of the texture, it should be completely white, if its not some things will be see through. Just something I have forgotten on the odd occasion :)

Would you send me these Units?

I Would be trying to use them in VBS2

I would be more than happy to send you over my units. A beta release for testing will be ready soon. When I have reached this stage I will post a filefront link. I have a few major issues to resolve first, but with the very kind help of other members these are being addressed presently.

Ideally, I want to get the patrolpack to be a separate p3d model assigned to the unit p3d by a proxy and I want the patrolpack to be capable of being removed and put down by the unit and then picked up and put back on again by way of script and config so the control is made with the centre mouse wheel.

This is going to take some time as I have poor config & scripting skill and as for animations, I do not know where to begin so the unit will be released for beta testing without this functionality.

If anyone reading this post thinks they can help with any of my ideas for the patrolpack as described above, please PM me as I would love to hear from you!!

Thanks