Sign in to follow this  
ray243

A 'World In Conflict' mod

It's Darkhorse. Please take the time to get atleast that correct next time.

Your post seems to be ignorant of ray243's "idea". What possible effect do Dragon Rising and the CURRENT U.S. Economy have on a WiC mod? So what if the SOVIET Union has collapsed? The "mod" idea is set in the '80s back when it DID exist.

Too bad and just a typing mistake. Not for a DARK HOSE. Hose and Horse are two diffierent things anyway.

As to that guy's initial question, I think you should have read it as followings

"... There is russians and US inside the game already, which makes it easier. All people have to do is make some 1990s or 1980s era vehicles, uniform and guns. And some US building models. Would be really awesome to have a singleplayer mod in Arma 2, and getting to play World In Conflict in first person.

Anyone think such a mod will work well? ..."

Did he say that mod must be for 80s and only in soviet era ?? What he asked about is" 1990s or 1980s" ! And that last query was " Anyone think such a mod will work well?". Obvioulsy, the relating comments to tell whether it's workable or not do concern such question.

Edited by ARM2CAT

Too bad and just a typing mistake. Not for a DARK HOSE. Hose and Horse are two diffierent things anyway.

As to that guy's initial question, I think you should have read it as followings

"... There is russians and US inside the game already, which makes it easier. All people have to do is make some 1990s or 1980s era vehicles, uniform and guns. And some US building models. Would be really awesome to have a singleplayer mod in Arma 2, and getting to play World In Conflict in first person.

Anyone think such a mod will work well? ..."

Did he say that mod must be for 80s and only in soviet era ?? What he asked about is" 1990s or 1980s" ! And that last query was " Anyone think such a mod will work well?". Obvioulsy, the relating comments to tell whether it's workable or not do concern such question.

I can't speak for him but I believe this thread is about a mod replicating the game World In Conflict. I have based my replies upon that belief.

With P85 addons this basically is WIC in 1st person. Isnt it? Nothing else needed but a mission including arty and airstrikes etc. Plus a bunch of AI to order around with HC. :)

Should be easy enough.

I've been thinking about it too. Simplest you can do is just to make a map for NYC/DC or the Seattle area (where WiC takes place). Long Island (maybe Governor's Island and Ellis too?) with custom buildings would work well.

At that point, you get 80's-era vehicles and units (US Army possibly) and you're set.

With P85 addons this basically is WIC in 1st person. Isnt it? Nothing else needed but a mission including arty and airstrikes etc. Plus a bunch of AI to order around with HC. :)

Should be easy enough.

heh, exactly , such vehicles are done and released weeks ago and all left to do is some missions

already some people released islands in different geographical areas