Sign in to follow this  
nkenny

Patch 1.04 - BUILD 59875

For the sake of our collective sanity. Why can't we break each release candidate into a separate topic. It certainly makes providing input and corroborating observations easier.

[59873] Fixed: After spawning new types of entities via script, game could randomly freeze or crash.

[59872] Fixed: Airplane, helicopter, car and ship control was lost while map was active.

In the words of Sparks50. Now we'll just have to see what other hidden changes are present.

Testing now.

-k

because last time most were complaining there are many builds threads and no single sticky .. ;)

what's there and not mentioned in the changelog are even more performance tweaks :)

We try to consistently document each change (fix, improvement, optimization, new functionality) which can result in any difference seen by user, with the exception of fixes to issues which were not present in the last stable build (were introduced in previous beta patches).

@Dwarden

Certainly and with the speed of new patches that might very well be necessary. Also after making this thread I'm sad to say I might just have initiated an "every man for himself" as new 59875-threads seem to pop up all the time. That wasn't the case before methinks. :confused:

Having said that; a Admin moderated thread, locked once the next RC is made available, would undoubtedly give a significantly clearer picture for all parties involved.

@Suma

I don't believe it! Any sufficiently advanced piece of technology is indistinguishable from magic. The improvements we've seen in the last few betas boogle my mind, judging by the state of ARMA2s initial release that level of improvement shouldn't have be possible.

Ergo Arma2 is powered by magic, and as we all know different laws apply to the realm of the obscure and occult. Unbeknown to everyone but myself and a close circuit of investigators. Network goblins, bandwidth vampyrs, and anti-aliased shader elves have undoubtedly snuck their way into chernorus by now.

Thanks.

-k

edit: damnit. managed to drag my own creation ridiculously off topic. The last beta has not given me any specific problems, but neither has it brought any specific features to my attention. Overall better performance than 1.04 base.

Edited by NkEnNy