Sign in to follow this  
legion7698

6 wheel's

Hello All,

I've tried a quick search but could'nt find anything to help. I'm trying to make a model that has 6 wheels but can only get the back and front to spin, what do i have to name the selections for the middle two?

Thanks in advance,

Legion7698

Well, you could name those middle wheels the same names as the back ones (levy zadni and pravy zadni), or as the middle wheels for the trucks : if i remember : levy prostredni and pravy prostredni. Check on BIS sample models though.

Cheers mate, I've put it in and it has'nt generated any errors in game, but as to the point of it makes the wheels turn round i can't confirm as for some reason the vehicle will not move forward, it just sits there. All i can do is get out and in and turn the wheels, this is very strange and i've not a clue as to why it is doing this. Will try and fix it if for any other reason as to confirm what you say.

Regards,

Dave.

I don't know how much experience you have with modelling,

so I'm saying this at the risk of sounding insulting.But that's

not my intention.

Have you got your Geometry lod in order?Does it have weight?

And yes levy /pravy prostredni will work.

Got it to work, it was the geometry, forgot to add any wieght to it, the wheels also work brilliantly so now i just need to finish getting the scale right (by the way what is the scale, is it in metres?). Thanks for all the help guys your brilliant.

Regards,

LEGION7698.

P.S. Macser, this is my first model (that I'm actually getting anywhere with) outside of the tutorials so i dont have much experiance :).

Edited by LEGION7698

Well good luck with any future work.

For scale,I don't think there's any real way of judging it

accurately.There's no "rulers" and such,that I know of in O2.

I usually use some of the models from OFP itself.Or a well

made community model as reference.Depending on what

you're building.

Editing the reference model so it has one res lod and one

named selection for everything.You can then save that as

a "template",which you can copy/paste into your own work.

Because it has a named selection for everything,you can quickly

hide/unhide,or delete it when the time comes.

It serves as a good comparison for scale.Instead of guessing.

As always,I'm open to correction on any of that info.

:)

i just need to finish getting the scale right (by the way what is the scale, is it in metres?

From memory, the grid size is setup to 1 meter in O2.

Yes grids are 1m in length and height.

STGN

Another help about scaling a vehicle model is making the p3d model of the proxy driver, gunner or cargo(s) appear in O2. Unfortunately, every proxy crew don't have a p3d model.

Hey All,

Got the scale right, am now doing a few little bits before i start the texturing. You've all been great in helping.

Regards,

Legion7698

*EDIT*

It seems there's just going to be a long list of questions from me, does anyone know of a tutorial for UV mapping?

Edited by LEGION7698

Thanks for that, found a couple of bits that will help so now just have to sit down and figure it out. You've all been of great help and my addon is now nearing completion.

Regards,

LEGION7698

*EDIT*

HA HA! right, next question. When testing my addon i found its armour to be to weak, so i pop into the addons config and change the armour value to something higher, then i test it a second time but the armour has'nt changed. This has me completly stumped, anyone got any idea's?

*EDITmkII*

Never mind, i found a work around, although its a bit scewif it works.

Edited by LEGION7698

Hey All,

I now have anouther problem, I've got it nearly finished and am testing it with my friends, it works fine other than i need to reajust the centre of gravity, however when we played a mission afterwards that dos'nt have the addon in it we now take it in turns to CTD, the only work around that works is to delete the addon from the addons directory. I'm completly stumped as to what could be doing this becouse as i say, when the addon is actually in the mission then it works fine. Any clues?

Regards,

LEGION7698