Sign in to follow this  
Rex Ursus

High Command unit creation

How do you create and disband units when one is in command in multi player?

I have found the Arma2 manual scant at best in describing the actual mechanics in operating this simulation. One would think that with such a large game that the company in charge would have provided a manual that is a lot more comprehensive than the vague manual provided with the game.

The dislexic site does little to explain the mechanics of the game and how to go about doing this or that in the simulation.

I have perused the forums and discovered that one may create a unit and then attach it to an existing high command unit by going to communication and pressing 9 and then the number corresponding to the commander you want but how do you create a new command unit or diband one led by a private?

Is there a manual somewhere?

I was wondering how to do it in SP? Maybe we can get 2 answers here. :)

Playing the mission in the campaign (take novy sobor, stary sobor, rogovo...) - the WARFARE/Hi-Command mission (forgot name). And after that initial 2 squads plus a armed vehicle dies (yeah i suck) then how on earth do i make NEW hi-command squads?

I have made barracks etc, but everything i buy goes into my own squad. The communication menu have some options but i tested them all.

So is it impossible to create new hi-command assets when hi-command is mixed with warfare? Sooo want to make new HC squads and send them around.

Alex

you can elect to donate your units to another ai commander by selecting 'communication' then '9' then select the number corresponding to the commander you choose.

i have tried using that donating function. nothing happens. Anyone else figured it out.

...oh, i'm talking about sp. not mp

thanks

i have tried using that donating function. nothing happens. Anyone else figured it out.

...oh, i'm talking about sp. not mp

thanks

step by step:

1. select the units you want to reinforce a HC group with.

2. in the menu select communication

3. in comm. menu select "send units"

4. from the list select which squad leader you want to

assign the units to.

1 is = HC group 2

2 is = HC group 3

3 is = HC group 4

etc...

since HC group1 = the players squad.

I hope this helps.

1 is = HC group 2

2 is = HC group 3

3 is = HC group 4

etc...

since HC group1 = the players squad.

Well, at least it's not confusing. :rolleyes:

Well, at least it's not confusing. :rolleyes:

well u know what i mean right?

if not.

when you enter High Command mode you will have 8 icons in the bottom of the screen numbered 1-8. Then in the "send units list" of squad leaders. There are sven squad leaders listed. Squad Leader 1 represents High Command Group 2, Squad Leader 3 represents High Command Group 3 and etc.

This is because High Command group 1 is the players squad and the players group does not appear in the "send units list".

Possible Bohemia should change the numbers so that they match the High Command numbers.

But when I send an officer or an nincom to the group the private or whatever is listed as still in command.

Any comments about this?

But when I send an officer or an nincom to the group the private or whatever is listed as still in command.

Any comments about this?

I can comment that like many things Bohemia has done, it makes no sense. It makes no sense because the guy who programmed it never thought of that. Since no one at BI did any alpha testing beyond their own friends and family -- it was discovered too late in the development process to be worth fixing.

Goes along with helicopters that need to fly about 20 meters higher to stop crashing and infantry squads with trucks, who never bother to mount them when their pathfinding says their waypoint is far off.

Yes. Those are very serious flaws. I wonder if they will be addressed.