Sign in to follow this  
Tankbuster

terrain overhead view?

Guys,

Not sure if this is the best place, but I think you mission editor guys might know what I'm try to achieve and thus, be able to phrase my question better.

I'm mission making on Panthera 2 and want to get overhead pictures of the terrain to help me with placing units and visualising how this might help me guide the battle. Think of Google Earth zoomed in pretty close in overhead mode.

Note that this is for the planning stage, not the actual 'put them in the map and preview stage' otherwise I'd be using one of the 3d editors to plonk units direct on the map.

Any thoughts?

Edited by Tankbuster

I don't know what the satmap is. What will it show?

http://195.200.192.69/?page=list&id=334 crcti warfare 09 has SATCOM script for commander. It shows a scrolling, top down view of the entire map as if you were zoomed in with a satellite. Edited by tcp

That sounds like the fella, but it's for Chernarus. I want to do this on Panthera.

I'll investigate and report back.

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

OK. It's part of the warfare script that only works after getting some monies. I've never played warfare so it's a bit difficult for me to earn enough money to buy the satcom.

I think I'll contact the author to see if he is prepared to adapt the script for other uses.

Meantime, all other suggestions gratefully received.

This is a satmap.

Right, now I see. And is a satmap used in the creation of the island? Will Icebreakr, the maker of Panthera have one of these?

He has one, satmap are used for island creation, texture layer like.

Excellent. I'll ask him.

Many, many thanks.

Excellent. I'll ask him.

Many, many thanks.

Please can you report answer here... I'm interested too....

Thx

Please can you report answer here... I'm interested too....

Thx

Will do.

The author asked me if I wanted JPG or PDF images and to what scale, I replied but have heard nothing since. I PM'd him a week or so later and again, had no reply.