Sign in to follow this  
OH-58-FL-Pilot

Installing Addons - Please forgive my ignorance

First, I know somebody will give me the - Did you search comment:

Yes I did, and maybe my searching skills are sorely lacking this evening or I am just a complete idiot when it comes to this sort of thing I've decided to create a post to get my answer.

Secondly, if this in the incorrect designated area I apologize.

I found a few addons that I would like to install into my game. Not just missions/scenarios which seem pretty straight forward but the new models.

Obviously my primary interest is the OH-58

I have the model, would like to use it and installed it following instructions but how to I get to see the model in game or better yet fly it?

Same go's for new Soldiers as well.

Again I am apologetic as I would have assumed this would have been asked once before but I just was at a loss when looking.

I appreciate any response given.

4th Squadron 6th Air Cavalry - Fly in and win.

Provided that your installation is indeed correct you'll have to jump to the mission editor, place down the new unit or units you added and play from there. That, or hope someone makes missions which use it. They won't automatically appear anywhere in the game, except for the mission editor listing of units.

Thank you for that ilnk kju and thanks for that bit of informaitona s well Fincuan.

So when I place the unite after finding it in the mission editor i'm assuming i have to create my own mission correct?

Does this mean i have to learn how to script?

Try this. The editor is really simple to use. Scripts are for advanced stuff:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Mission_Editor

The editor itself is very powerful.

Once again, thank you very much, i see many hours of editing ahead :D

Should i spend the time to grab your big 2gb download? It seems some of the better looking mods use it.