Sign in to follow this  
JuggernautOfWar

Anti-Aliasing Differences

Everyone using ONLY AA have artifacts with it in ARMA2. If you use the render fill it will go away.

What artifacts? I remember Suma mentioned AA can cause artifacts with shadows, but I haven't noticed any.

yeah if you use just AA, look at darker areas (like smoke and shadows) during the day and there will be white lines around your weapon where all the AA fills in. I think that's why they disabled it in stock ver. 1.01 because they said that it caused artifacts on shadows; but enough people requested it so they threw it in. It's only really noticeable in those situations...most of the time you never see them

yeah if you use just AA, look at darker areas (like smoke and shadows) during the day and there will be white lines around your weapon where all the AA fills in. I think that's why they disabled it in stock ver. 1.01 because they said that it caused artifacts on shadows; but enough people requested it so they threw it in. It's only really noticeable in those situations...most of the time you never see them

Yeah and turning on AA transparency and gamma correction kills FPS. So what exactly does AA gamma correction do?

yeah if you use just AA, look at darker areas (like smoke and shadows) during the day and there will be white lines around your weapon where all the AA fills in....
Well in the vannila version of A2 its not bad at all but with DMarkwick's smoke effects its bad...ohwell, ill take the odd artifact over the crawly/jaggie aliasing.And the cool smoke.

Well in the vannila version of A2 its not bad at all but with DMarkwick's smoke effects its bad...ohwell, ill take the odd artifact over the crawly/jaggie aliasing.And the cool smoke.

yeah actually that's when I first noticed it is with JTD smoke. Then I started looking for it without addons and like you said it's not as bad. Probably due to the darker/thicker smoke columns.