Sign in to follow this  
Flash Thunder

Action clips Arma 2 Main Menu

Hello Community, I would like to state first that I have never made a mod for a game and was thinking that I should create a simple mod for this game since its so great.

My idea is to create more of those clips shown at the Main Menu, like the aircraft carrier flyby.

I would add more clips and instead of them just flying over eye candy and the beautiful scenary I'm going to take the clips from firefights during the night and show some dogfights probably. :D

I have one question for you guys, is it possible to add video clips to the main menu using the camera.sqs?

Today I was playing around with the camera.sqs and scripting the various coordinates for my clips, doesn't seem too complex.

Anyways give me some feedback on wether any of you care or not for more clips, give me scenarios that I can do, places you would like to see etc.

NOTICE: Remember here, this will be my very first mod, im not making a commitment to getting this mod completed and out to you but I'll deffinetly give you guys information and updates if they occur. :)

*Flash Thunder

This is funny, i was just about to make a topic similar to this, I currently use the -world=Empty command line so the game starts up nice and fast, but its so damn ugly i was wondering if i could atleast change the weather and time of day so it would be more interesting.

Maybe a sunset or a dark night with stars, etc.. nothing special just not so plain looking.

back ontopic, i would be interested in your idea if it didnt kill the fps to much.

All the in-game "cutscenes" are essentially scripted realtime "happenings" spawned and run live on the actual island itself as you watch... technically, they could play out differently every time, if the AI involved make a different decision, or if theres a degree or randomness inherent in the scripting...

Usually you try to avoid that in cutscenes, but perhaps you could use that to your advantage? They're far more like "missions" than "videos" and are essentially built in the same way as missions, except you're a scriptable camera, instead of a controllable soldier...

The concepts and even implementation hasn't changed much since OFP/Arma1 - so a good search for "cutscene scripting" etc should find you plenty of good advice...

PS - the "Island Cutscene" you see on the main menu is actually specific to - and usually embedded in, the island itself...

B

Edited by Bushlurker