Sign in to follow this  
Spindry69

Healing enemy soldiers

I was playing around with the first aid modules in the editor. I took out an enemy squad in quick sucession as they tried to heal each other. Walking up to the mass of writhing bodies I was surpriesed to see I could heal them. I healed one and as he got up I prepared to gun him down again as I didn't have the surrendering module active. Instead he just ran around and refused to attack me. Not sure if this is deliberate or not but I thought it was cool that he spared me after I healed him.

Yea one time a wounded enemy was close, I couldn't shoot him as he was around the corner of a building but drag was on the action menu, so I dragged the fucker round the corner and blew his brains out. It was pretty cool but strange.

I once healed a wounded and incapacitated Insurgent, just to see what would happen...he just killed me afterwards.

Lesson 42: ARMA II is not S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

I once healed a wounded and incapacitated Insurgent, just to see what would happen...he just killed me afterwards.

"Thank you Marked One! You're ok, you know that? I'll be sure to tell everybody at the camp that you helped me out."

"Thank you Marked One! You're ok, you know that? I'll be sure to tell everybody at the camp that you helped me out."

Oh my god how many times have I heard that now?

With the surrender module active in a mission, enemy soldiers will surrender to you if they are hopelessly outnumbered or out of ammo, and it seems like their injuries may affect their chances of surrender. It would be nice if someone wrote a script that allowed you to capture and disarm incapacitated enemies with an action. Without any extra scripts, they just drop their weapons and alternate between lying prone and standing with their hands on their heads. There are also scripts that allow you to add surrendered enemies to your group if you are in command. Healing a wounded enemy could come in handy if you need to order them to move to a different location.

With the surrender module active in a mission, enemy soldiers will surrender to you if they are hopelessly outnumbered or out of ammo, and it seems like their injuries may affect their chances of surrender. It would be nice if someone wrote a script that allowed you to capture and disarm incapacitated enemies with an action. Without any extra scripts, they just drop their weapons and alternate between lying prone and standing with their hands on their heads. There are also scripts that allow you to add surrendered enemies to your group if you are in command. Healing a wounded enemy could come in handy if you need to order them to move to a different location.

Try SLX mod from Solus. It will make AI that are outnumbered surrender w/o any action from player.

SLX mod has some other nice features, but outnumbered AIs will already surrender without an action from the player in vanilla Arma 2 with the surrender module active, as I said in my post. What I was suggesting is that you should be able to walk up to critically injured enemy AI (those that are writhing helplessly in pain, unable to fight) and force them to surrender by an action.

Could you heal downed enemys in stalker and have them not kill you afterwards?

I always mercy killed them!