Sign in to follow this  
Stilla-Killa

Is the game meant to be played in 1st or 3rd person view?

What's great with this game is that it isn't meant to be played somehow , it's meant to be played your way :p

First person view with TrackIR and triple setup, thats the way its meant to be played.

Years of Planetside taught me 3rd person view for infantry is cheat-prone

I would like to see 3rd person become unavailable while dismounted (although I admit using it myself on long walks or when being bored, but not as a wall hack), and I think OFP DR has this as a feature. Also the 3rd person mounted should give you spatial/positional awareness, but not situational awareness as today.

However, some things regarding being unbuttoned in a vehicle should be fixed. Currently I typically can't choose myself how I want to drive a tank, viewports or up the hatch.

I go for 1st person view most of the time.

But i have to say that im using 3rd person view from time to time aswell because my Eyes are getting tired when i run around with 1st person view ....

But yeah i play Arma because of Realism and it should be played in 1st person view.

Also with 3rd person view i feel like im cheating myself abit cause i can see better the things around me

I dont know if i can really say anything because i have never palyed it, but i did play operation flashpoint so i can say that first person mode is pretty much only usingfull for better views and for driving trucks and tanks.