Sign in to follow this  
Aculaud

Ever actually killed anything with the 30mm...

not like a BMP or M113 or anything, i'm talking about a ligitamate tank. Anyone ever done this? I only think i have once, and thats just because i saw the t72 on my statistics, but i never really saw the thing destroyed.

Yes. Takes alot of rounds, so a Shilka or Vulcan are better for it than a BMP or Bradley. In the A10 and SU25, it takes alot of patience and persistence, and its especially dificult if the view distance is low; but it can be done

What makes it hardest is the fake rate of fire, meaning it's more difficult to hit than it would be in real life (I think... never flown a real A10, heh).

I've just noticed, when making a gatling-type weapon addon with real rate of fire (and lower bullet damage to even things out), it's much easier to get kills, as atleast a couple of bullets out of 1000 fired will hit their target!

Plus the dang rudder doesnt work after you like reach 100 knots or what ever it is in.So i have to keep moving the dang plane around then i end up not even firing.So i just use the Maverics. confused.gif

only thing ive killed with it is other planes and cars what makes it so hard is you cant see the target till your too close to line things up very well so i rockon u should be able to target things with the gun.

Ive done it many times, and its quite fun, especially in mp smile.gif

This is my tactic (you need a stick):

Aproach the target with as much speed as you can Try hit it (u proably wont), but when u just pass the target, pull up, and make the plane fly horisontially a few seconds, then continue pull to make a loop. Now you find you self with ya nose straight down just above ya target... Now u press and hold ya firebutton. If its a shilka or bmp, you can manage to kill the target before pulling up.

If its a t-72 or m60, u need to do this twice.

Also... when people from a distance see you do this, they start laughing and clapping smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Espectro @ Mar. 27 2002,10:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">...when people from a distance see you do this, they start laughing and clapping smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

No doubt. I bet it's awesome to look at that tactic in action.

I got to try that when my Cougar arrives. smile.gif

you can do a loop in a a20 or su25!? didn't think this was possible, amazing.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wright @ Mar. 27 2002,13:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">you can do a loop in a a20 or su25!?  didn't think this was possible, amazing.<span id='postcolor'>

'Course ya can, as long as you have a joystick...I'd hate trying that with a mouse biggrin.gif

Joysticks drastically improves the flightmodel of all aircraft in OFP. If you don't have one .... run! Go get one! smile.gif

Buying a joy stick for OFP is a waste of money smile.gif

If you did get a joy stick , use it for a better purpose too, like Flight Simulators.

If someone got a Joy stick just for flight models OFP, that would be like spending $400 on a set of tires of a 20 year old rusting Mini

using a joystick for plane to plane fights in mp is fun, one time i was on a a10s 6 in my su25 in runway following it at low level round the side of a forrest only to fly right into one of my team mates in a chopper, many laughs.

how much would a basic joystick cost for ofp.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (timmy @ Mar. 28 2002,16:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">how much would a basic joystick cost for ofp.<span id='postcolor'>

You don't want a basic joystick...trust me you want at least a decent model....My preference is the Logitech Wingman series... I had one of the first model Logitech Wingman 3d and i actually broke the stick off the base after 3 years of use whilst dogfighting an F-16 in my MiG-29 in Novalogic's Integrated Battle Space biggrin.gif. Should have seen the surprized look on my face. Funny thing is, I managed to fix the thing myself with some superglue and a small metal tube, and it carried me for 2 months till next christmas I got a Logitech Force 3d, basically the same as the newer Wingman 3d only with force feedback....Anyways the Wingman is around $60 canadian, the Force was close to $80 I believe (it was a present), and their economy model is the Attack...I think I've seen it for around $30 canadian

I've been playing with the Gimbal's Planes addon (adds cannon, bombs, and missles to Cessnas) and having a blast having huge dogfights with like 30 planes in the sky.  What's even cooler is that if you get hit and manage to bail, you can still stalk any enemy pilots you've shot down and kill them.

Those Cessnas are pretty maneuverable with a joystick, I can pull loops and Immelmans and the whole nine yards.  It's amazing how much more realistic the flight model is with a joystick (hell, you can't even pull a loop with a mouse).  

But can anyone tell me why the rudder works on the ground but not in the air?  I use my rotating stick on my Sidewinder to steer on the ground using the rudder, but once I get airborne rudder functionality disappears.  ?  confused.gif  ?