Sign in to follow this  
randir14

How do you use unguided bombs?

I noticed on the HUD there's a floating circle that I assume you have to line up with your center circle to get the bomb's trajectory, but I still have problems accurately bombing a target. Is it just a guessing game?

I'm not sure that floating circle actually works.

Dive-bombing is quite accurate,however.

you can bomb in different ways,

first, like you said use the HUD to aim a bit above target and release a bomb,

you would hit close to the target, but needs lots off training to hit target right on, flying high up and dropping down to target is best tactic for best succes.

second, using the unguided bombs you can use Tab to lock on target when it shows in your radar screen and then you move to target and release a bomb

1500/1000 m before target. when you lock a target you get a box around it

so you see where he is and you see the distance.

It just take a lot off practice to get it right.

cya

If you lock on to a target using tab, you'll get a square around it. When you're lined up "close enough" a circle fades in within the square. Release the bomb when the circle is there and you'll score a hit. The "unguided" bombs actually guide in on the locked target, making them more powerful than the LGBs (because you don't need anyone to lase it).

If you're attacking targets without locking them (not everything can be locked, and it might be disabled on higher difficulties?) then you just have to guess and practice, practice, practice.

Thanks for the replies. Wow I never realized you could target things with bombs. The square-circle thing is working great.

The unguided bombs aren't :p

So long as you have a square around your target and enough height (and you're moving towards instead of away from the target obviously) they're pretty much guaranteed to hit. This doesn't work with Laser-Guided Bombs though, so you have to judge - I find dive-bombing works fairly well.

I hope some mod (ACE2 maybe) will implement a more realistic way to use unguided bombs.

If you're using a laser guided bomb without a laser, then dive bomb. Pitch down ~45 degrees, aim halfway between the center and the bottom of the HUD and bombs away! :D

E.g...

vqB8TcZ_XKA

Awesome audioswap too. :dancehead: