Sign in to follow this  
MasterChief096

Snow.... Winter... Snowfall?

There is snow in ARMA2 you mean Binkowski? That can be braught out with a script? Also i heard W0lle i think said you can get volumetric fog in ARMA2. Ive seen it in a mission but im far to crappy to figure out what to look for.

Can you make an example mission Binkowski? Not a mission, but just a unit and snow/fog (if you know how to make the fog).

EDIT: I know how busy you are mate. I meant ofcourse IF you get the time some day. ;)

Alex

Of course I will, I'll get one out to you guys if I have the time haha.

im so sorry to ask you binkowski, but may you...only if you have time tho, help me out with the usmc snow camo(maby even just a basic templete i can use to copy over an existing one) i showed pics of in my last post? only if you want to and have the time, no worrys if you cant bud i understand!

That might be my next project, not sure yet. I'll have to think about it. Maybe if someone releases a snowy island where it could be used maybe.

all this talk about Snow and ARMA 2 is exciting! Really it would add a lot to the game.

I managed to get Snowy Drago Island working in Arma2 under OAC/CAA1...

I thought it was crashing, but it was just taking a while to load... I'm fairly sure I read Kju talking about this problem somewhere, something to do with unbinarised or something... causes long load times... they had similar problems with certain OFP islands in the OFPIP project...

Anyway, after a quick coffee-making wait, it loads and runs just fine...

Here's a couple of screenshots...

SnowDrago02.jpg

SnowDrago01.jpg

B

Edited by Bushlurker

One problem with all snow "maps" i have played on Ofp was that the ground was like cement painted white. No objects (men/vehicles..) sinks into the snow, if it was possible to mod actual snow depth so that feet/wheels/threads would be partly covered (maybe even random depth) it would add alot to the immersion. Maybe even have a particle effect around feet/wheels when moving. All to make it look more like real snow instead of a hard white surface.

Just something for you guys...also in the photography thread.

"September Snow"

snow1_s.png

snow2_s.png

Click for higher resolution.

I managed to get Snowy Drago Island working in Arma2 under OAC/CAA1...

I thought it was crashing, but it was just taking a while to load... I'm fairly sure I read Kju talking about this problem somewhere, something to do with unbinarised or something... causes long load times... they had similar problems with certain OFP islands in the OFPIP project...

Anyway, after a quick coffee-making wait, it loads and runs just fine...

Here's a couple of screenshots...

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b272/Bushlurker/SnowDrago02.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b272/Bushlurker/SnowDrago01.jpg

B

Yeah, I have that same problem. It takes FOREVER to load everytime you launch the game for the first time. After that, it's fairly fast until you turn of ur pc, Then it's back to square one.

Ok i managed to find the script for rolling fog on the ground - but snow? Is it the same way Binkowski? That its already in ARMA2?

Ok i managed to find the script for rolling fog on the ground - but snow? Is it the same way Binkowski? That its already in ARMA2?

Neg, check your PM's, I PM'd you the information.

Who did you PM? You drunk mate? I havent got any PM LOL! :D

Thanks for the thaught though! Highly appreciated.

Sorry about that, got ahead of my self :D. Should have received the message now. All the information is there. Have fun!

The EU map pack thing has some placeable "sneg" but it's not that great.

Edited by jpfennig

Wow forgot I made this thread.

Came back and there are some really interesting posts.... Cool!

Whats this business about a fog script and snow script? Sounds awesome. Foggy warfare... :D

Wow forgot I made this thread.

Came back and there are some really interesting posts.... Cool!

Whats this business about a fog script and snow script? Sounds awesome. Foggy warfare... :D

Do you realise that there are already weather settings for fog in the mission editor?

Do you realise that there are already weather settings for fog in the mission editor?

I'm sure he does, he may be referring to Alex's posts about finding something regarding volumetric fog script I believe?

hey everyone i sent a pm too rocket asking if i can use his snow troops(in heavy suits) for my snow mod! i hope i replys back saying yes...and if he does i should have the pack done soon! if i get them ill regulary post w.i.p.s of them if thats ok with the started of this topic. i will also start a new thread if i get it working

hey everyone i sent a pm too rocket asking if i can use his snow troops(in heavy suits) for my snow mod! i hope i replys back saying yes...and if he does i should have the pack done soon! if i get them ill regulary post w.i.p.s of them if thats ok with the started of this topic. i will also start a new thread if i get it working

This sounds really good, hope it all works out Soldier!

I alway like the winter maps in OFP very much. There've been winter camo units, vehicles and even weapons. Damn, I guess someday we're gonna have that in ArmA2, too.

Adding the snow, ARMA2 scripted colour (bluish) and ARMA2 scripted fog makes it look bloody fantastic! Couple that with some ambient hard wind sounds and snow textures on vehicles and a snowy island...

Dont ever think for one second that ARMA2 cant create a winter feeling. ;)

Damn it i had an image wich i removed... Was on the sea with a Zodiac and 2 helicopters hovering above - fog on the water - blueish cold color and the snow script (thanks Binkowski! :) ), and it looked awesome.

Its just a matter of time before were there me thinks. :)