Sign in to follow this  
Relemar

the cpu count thing?

right, i have q6600 2.6 GHz, and Im not sure wahts the best. if I run it as

-cpuCount=2 or =4.. its a quad core (4) but not sure if its bettter to run it as dual core, or with all the four cores.

ive heard dual core is faster than a quad core.. but anyway, what should I use?

hmmmm does anyone use the search function???

I have xp pro and q6600 I dont use any cpu cmd line and it runs all 4 cores at 80 -90%

my i7 runs at 29% - 40% but not sure how many cores. Hyperthreading has never been disabled.

hmmmm does anyone use the search function???

I have xp pro and q6600 I dont use any cpu cmd line and it runs all 4 cores at 80 -90%

how you know the %? thanks, i wanna know what arma2.exe % is using and what cores :)

Also use the latest beta, because the cpuCount thing wasn't included until a 1.04 beta.

how you know the %? thanks, i wanna know what arma2.exe % is using and what cores :)

windows task manager can show you seperate processes running and things like cpu mem page file etc

ctrl+alt+del in xp

change the cpu history on view settings to show all cores

if you check useage when there is no game running leave task manager open then start gameplay alt tab out of game and you will see the recorded useage while you were playing

Edited by dogz

The -cpucount command is only used to troubleshoot. The game should utilize all CPU's )as long as the OS can) but if you are using a quad Core then you can enter 2 to only use 2 cores.

Also use the latest beta, because the cpuCount thing wasn't included until a 1.04 beta.
Haven't seen a 1.04 Beta but all the public releases of 1.03.58814 and above have enabled -cpucount=NNN
[58789] Command line argument -cpuCount=NNN to override cpu count detection.

Haven't seen a 1.04 Beta but all the public releases of 1.03.58814 and above have enabled -cpucount=NNN

Well, they're beta's for 1.04, so that's why I call them like that.

my i7 runs at 29% - 40% but not sure how many cores. Hyperthreading has never been disabled.

You might want to try disableing HT as i read in a (Swedish) article that HT gives negative results in gaming, the only gain with HT on is in windows apps such as unpacking, video rendering and such.

Link to article (Swedish): http://www.sweclockers.com/articles_show.php?id=6193&page=9

Link to article (English google translate): http://translate.google.com/translate?prev=hp&hl=sv&js=y&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sweclockers.com%2Farticles_show.php%3Fid%3D6193%26page%3D9&sl=sv&tl=en&history_state0=

Edit:

Bottom of page has 2 diagrams,

"Hyperthreading PÃ¥slaget" = HT ON

"Hyperthreading Avstängt" = HT OFF

Edit2: The results of Core i5 is the same because it doesnt have HT.

Edited by Odjob