Sign in to follow this  
THEBLITZ6794

a good take cover script

basically, i want a platoon of chedaki that are in a village to go setup against an american attack from the south. i dont want them laying on a field, i want them in bunkers and behind sandbags. i dont want them defending the north either. how might i do this without placing them myself?

Wow, it's like No Effort Week this week. Glad it's Friday.

There isn't really any prettyAmbush.sqf out there. Place the bunkers, then either give them MOVE + Building Pos waypoints or setPos them where you want them.

Putting them in stealth mode might work too.

Not sure... I know when you're in control of an AI team you can order them to find/take cover. haven't actually tried it though, but if that does the trick, perhaps it puts them in some type of mode that you can set the units in question into.

Otherwise, manually setting them to go to certain pre-made marker locations and forcing them into a crouched stance would seem like a long, frustrating, and wrong way. FSM tool perhaps, not sure if its capable of this, but would probably be somewhat advanced.

I know, not much help at all lol...

well, i want to simulate a battalion sized attack and putting 300 chedaki into a perfect spot plus placing artillery scripts and stuff aint my idea of fun. plus, i want them to move around a bit. i dont like how most of the time i have to lock men in place (and they get shot easy as a result).

Does the "take cover" command even do anything? I thought it was at the same stat as the "suppressive fire" command (aka doesn't work at all) :(

Does the "take cover" command even do anything? I thought it was at the same stat as the "suppressive fire" command (aka doesn't work at all) :(

Changelog says "Suppress" command is supposed to work in latest beta build.

I didn't checked it though.

fn_taskdefend does pretty much exactly that? Give it a group and a location and it will make the group find cover, man any static defences within range and patrol as well.