Sign in to follow this  
Relemar

Heli insertion

I want to make simple heli insertion, my squad gets in a Chinook and then the chinook flies to a target and then my squad disembark, then the Chinhook return to base or whatever ( dont want them here any more ))

also, I want a Cobra to take off from base and come to my squad and provide air support, how to? if i make him in my group, he sapwnas above me and i dont want that.

thank you so much

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=83123

Download .rar format

An example mission I did for someone asking a very similar question. This is for an AI squad, but you can easily change one of them to a player unit. Or just have a look how its done then reproduce it.

As for the Cobra....you can either call a spawn script from a trigger and spawn it in, or, the easier but slight scruffy way, set a WP right next to your Cobra on the ground and sync the WP with a trigger. (As in the example mission). I wouldnt have a chopper in your {infantry} squad though.

Edited by Bascule42

hey dude, thank you very very much. rapidshare is no work for me at this minute, you upload to Mediafire for me?? thanks

alos, what i want is so my infantry move forward into the target, then lets say 5 min later the helicopte comes to support, yes? thanx

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

infact, downloaded it - how to use? lol sorry i am stupid

Assuming you have 7-zip or winrar installed open the file you downloaded, and copy the folder ,(inside the .rar file), to your Documents(or My Documents)/ArmA 2/Missions folder. The example mission should then show up in the editor when you click Open.

Re the chopper coming into support. Simplest way would be to place your chopper on the runway, (or wherever it is coming from), place a Move waypoint right next to the chopper, then another waypoint, (MOVE, SEEKANDDESTROY, or whatever you like), at the place you want the chopper to be supporting your troops.

The place a trigger so that you or your troops will move into it, (not forgetting to set its activation condition - i.e. Present - BLUFOR for example). Then press F5, (Synchronize), and drag a line from the trigger you just placed to the 1st waypoint of your chopper. (The one right next to it).

Then when your troops enter the trigger, the chopper will move to its next waypoint.

(Its much simpler than it sounds.)

Another way is to:

1. put the chopper

2. put your units

3. name both the chopper and the units

4. put a move waypoint right next to the chopper

5. on the condition, of the waypoint for the chopper, put

((!Alive nameofunit) OR (nameofunit in nameofchopper)) if you have more than one unit, connect it with AND, it need to be caps.

I made a lot of missions to show different examples how to use choppers for insertion and extraction. Take a look

Also 2 SOM examples.