Sign in to follow this  
glassoid

Uncontrollable Fixed wing aircraft when speed > 500km/h

Part of the reason the planes become so unstable it's because the code auto corrects itself in the vertical axis aggressively.

There's nothing wrong with how the plane would fly if the Rudder auto correct feature could be disabled, optionally of course.

This is probably not news to many but I would request this to be looked at just as in the recent patch some analog features were added for analog control of throttle,albeit it doesn't work quite right.

I would suggest to take a look at this , and maybe it would fix the high speed woes of all the planes.

Edited by glassoid

Is this when the aircraft constantly yaw from side to side? Yes please fix this it makes high speed attacks almost impossible!

I thought you wanted to fix fixed wing aircrafts so they could fly far above the atmosphere, up in space.

How dissapointing this thread is :(

Yeah, I too thought this was about not being able to steer properly on orbit. :)

The simplest temp solution is to not use the rudder at all. If you don't touch the keys or your rudder control on the joystick the bug won't kick in. Impossible to line up the gun but at least the missiles and bombs work.

That's not really a fix is it?

You need rudders to line up on your target it's part of flying and controlling an aircraft.

They can disable the auto correcting feature and it should go away,not using the rudder is not an option. Might as well not throttle up the aircraft because it might crash.

You need rudders to line up on your target it's part of flying and controlling an aircraft.

You can't line it up if you are shaking back and forth either. I didn't say it was a fix, just that it is better to use no rudder at all rather than shaking like crazy. BTW did BIS seriously not even try flying a plane before release? I mean wtf how could something so obvious get overlooked?

Already a dedicated thread for this auto rudder issue. BIS knows about it.

well really you shouldnt be travelling more than 500km/h on a cannon strafe anyway, you should slow down to about 350 - 450 as youll have more time on target and then once youve fired a 3 - 6 second burst you power off and bank left or right. shouldnt be coming in at hi speeds going PEWPEWPEPWPEWPPEW DIE DIE DIE!!!!!11ONE....

This happens in dogfights too, which is unacceptable. Dogfights can easily escalate to >500 too, so there is no way around this.