Sign in to follow this  
bascule42

Loadout reverting to default, can't work out why.

I have a script being called from the player init field, removes all weapons and gives a custom loadout. This is working fine. No problems. That is until I start the mission, (either by pbo'ing it, or SHIFT+Click Preview), with the initial briefing screen. If I just preview the mission, the script works fine, but as soon as I start it with the briefing screen displayed at the beginning, my soldier reverts to its default loadout. I have tried calling the script from the init.sqf after the briefing script is called, and also from the soldiers init field. Both with the same results.

Why is this happening? (I'm pulling my hair out as the mission is almost finished, and just being hampered by this).

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Bascule42
an errant "L" was added

might try a sleep 1; before the weapons loadout. Could you post your mission or script for us to troubleshoot it perhaps?

The sleep entry fixed it. Thanks kylania.

There is another niggling little thing that's happening. I had a trigger halfway through to save the game. No problem, worked OK. But, it carried on saving every few minutes. I checked the trigger, it wasn't set to repeat or anything, Once Only BLUFOR activation. Anyway, I deleted the trigger and tested the mission again, and it's still saving the game at the same point. I can't find nothing to indicate why it is doing this.

Doesn't seem to be happening as often...anyway, Ive released the mission for now, maybe it wont happen for others.

Edited by Bascule42

I have question. I run a weapons.sqs from a units init line to customize his loadout. But when I play the mission with a briefing, the same thing happens as with Bascule, the units get their default weapons. Is there a way to execute the loadout file after the briefing is over? pasting all those commands in a units init line is a lot more work than to do it in a .sqs file.

thanks in advance

Nicolai

@Nicolai

well, it's only a wild guess but since you have the same problem as Bascule42 had, probably the same solution could help, as described by kylania in his post.

do you mean that I should put the sleep command in the units init line or in the .sqs file? or both perhaps?

If I put all the custom weapons commands in the units init line with a sleep command it works just as it should, but I think it would be easier if the units could just execute the .sqs file.

thanks

Nicolai