Hey guys, i'm doing the training mission for commanding a team. Now, the tooltips in the game say that when you are in the map and press tab, you can issue orders as normal.

But when I press tab, nothing happens, no menus pop up or anything and it doesn't seem to want to let me select units.

However, when i'm not in the map, I can command units fine through the quick command menu by using the Tab key. I've patched the game to 1.3, so, is this a bug thats cropped up or something? Or is there some seperate control?

i've gone through my control settings and confirmed "command mode" is assigned to the tab key.

Cheers guys :)

Scratch that last post, it was my controller settings. Got it sorted now....but a new problem has surfaced.

Me and the team are now in a helicopter and I need to tell the pilot to go to a point on the map....i can select the whole team and I thought the pilot would fly us there but when I give the order, the chopper doesn't take us there.

What am I doing wrong? :S There doesn't seem to be a way to select the chopper from the map to take the team to a point on the map.

If it is the transit helo in the campaign that you have to order it via the transit command in the communication menu... you acn do that in the map or with your reticule.

If it is the transit helo in the campaign that you have to order it via the transit command in the communication menu... you acn do that in the map or with your reticule.

Ahhh right, i'll have a look at that and let you know :)

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------

I've brought up the move command in the communication menu, but unfortunatley when I'm in the helicopter....everything is greyed out and won't let me select anything :S

You should use "Comunications" (spacebar menu), there you will find "Transport" and "Transportation (Active)", select that and click on the map were you want to be droped of. Be careful were you click though as the heli will land were you click, choose your LZ wisely as it some times happily lands in a forrest if you click there, with a crash of course.

You should use "Comunications" (spacebar menu), there you will find "Transport" and "Transportation (Active)", select that and click on the map were you want to be droped of. Be careful were you click though as the heli will land were you click, choose your LZ wisely as it some times happily lands in a forrest if you click there, with a crash of course.

Ah yeah I see it now....happily getting ferried about the place now.

Thanks mate :D

I got to say, I love the sheer openess Arma 2 offers, flying around behind enemy lines, a real sense of you and your team being out there alone :D