Sign in to follow this  
Jonescrusher

Real Mortars by Jones

Might be related to 1.05 fixing static weapon get points.

Might be (still) buggy (or some are now).

Also with negative rating you are unable to get in most static weapons from some reason.

I went through the change log and noticed that. I hadn't messed with the sataic weapons through most of 1.04. Not sure what was wrong with them to begin with, but the surely need fixing now.

You could try the model from a1 to test.

It should be very simple to port it for testing.

Not big deal I can use place holders to test, which I can manage to wiggle in to the d30so everything will be in place but no point in releasing the mod until BIS fixes the issue. Besides I have a dozen other projects going on right now.

Cool - very much looking forward to them (hoping they are for a2 :)).

Just tried with my M119.... Which uses the ArmA1 model and its own model.cfg.... Doesn't work at all. I can't get in it. :(

Easy solution right now would be to add ones own user action to get in as the gunner... but wtf! :(

Good thing I didn't attempt to import that model then, I would have been a bit upset at that. Well seeing the game was just patched it will probably remain broken for a while. Hadn't has time to play with the toys for a while and when I do they don't work, damn Murphy and his stupid law.

Gives me a good reason to work on soemthign else or start a new project.

I tried using the Illum rounds right out of the box and they wouldn't fire off. I am still messing around with them to see if I can get them to work with out having to script them.

As far as reality....I guess I could have 5 players use the system, a couple players to go pound survey sticks in to the ground one to act as the crusty noncom that can't hear himself think because he done lost his hearing 10 years earlier. one person to take a nap under a truck and another person complain because he had to carry the base plate 3 times in a row. Luckly this isn't reality it is just a game.

uhh, he's talking about angles.

I really want to be nice to people........

Would you please elaborate more on a 4 month old post that lacked any kind of constructive critism to begin with. I am all for constructive critism and advice. A one line comment that has no substance doesn't qualify as constructive. Imagine what I think about a one line comment that is attempting to support a 4 month old one line comment........ You wasted a minute of your time, and I actually was dumb enough to waste a minute of mine responding to it. But I really do want to be nice to people.

The interface still needs work... I actually moved away from your calculator Blake when I realized how easy it was to use BIS's ballistics table generator and included functions... Like nearly a month of work was replaced by 3 functions in the artillery module... :rolleyes: On the other hand I learned a ton of stuff about math I didn't know from you and BIS so it wasn't in vain.

If you check out this video I have my main issue solved with the aiming portion...

wcBxVaHQMpA

Uses animations instead of the mouse... Million times easier to aim.

I am going to be starting a thread soon with some more stuff in it. I am waiting on a couple of people to talk about including additional artillery units in my pack.

When might we see a download for that aiming system. The spreadsheet combined with that would make for good targeting.