Sign in to follow this  
PHarmann

3 target rifleman

Hi all.

I dunno if this is the proper forum for this kind of q - if not plz forgive... :-)

I have a little q that has haunted me since OFP, when - during missions - my commanding officer calls out. "3 target gunner" or what ever - how do i know my number?

and close to that i have another q - when i play at Regular-level a little "v" tells me where im supposed to be. - this "v" ofc dissapears when playing expert, but how do i know where im supposed to be? GoTo Bush ... yarh right - what f... bush?

Regards

PHarmann

Well in ArmA2 singleplayer you start as number 2 and will eventually become 1. So you usually know the number. Beside that, the order that is for you should be highlighted. The others are not.

About navigation without 'v' I don't really know what to say. If he tells you coordinates like 013076 you could use your gps and map to find out, but that's only if you are told to move to some distant location, not in fast combat etc.

Coordinates are read on the map like this: First three numerals (e.g. 013) on the horizontal and second three numerals (e.g. 076) on the vertical axis of the map. You see the grid numbers when zoomed in at the borders of the map.

Well in ArmA2 singleplayer you start as number 2 and will eventually become 1. So you usually know the number

Absolutely not true.

If an order is directed at you, then the subtitle that appears in the bottom left will have a green background and black text, as opposed to the other way around.

Also you can look at your diary and go to team or members or something like that you I believe your name appears next to a number.

Absolutely not true.

Absolutely not true? Not just only not true? Damn, I must have messed that up pretty badly, hm?

And why is it not true?

Because it's only true in the campaign, and singleplayer refers to much more than just the campaign.

Absolutely not true? Not just only not true? Damn, I must have messed that up pretty badly, hm?

And why is it not true?

Sorry. Simply not true then :)

To know your number, open the Map.Go on "unit" and click on your name, will be displayed the number there.

Or...Just type "Test" on group channel, before your name will have a number and this one is you as member of squad.

Will be displayed Like that:

5-PHarmann: test

Just check when joining a squad in the spot assigment is more easy.

Press "G", it opens up the gear menu and it also says your number and name.