Sign in to follow this  
bucky699

Stargate Mod

Hey im new to this game and its modding community, however i have noticed that the original ARMA had a stargate mod to it, it looked very good. So i was just wondering if there were people out there with the idea of continuing a stargate based mod using the ARMA 2 engine? Just throwing the idea/question out there.

as far as i know they are still working on the mod for arma 1... and they want to put it over to arma 2. but it will take very long until they release something...

visit this page for more information.

New to community doesn`t mean you shouldn`t use the search function... ;)

I did use the search function, came up with results tha thad nothing to do with stargate, hence i started a post asking. I may be new to the game/this community but not new to forums in general. I had trouble finding it with the search function so i asked a question of people who have been here longer, if you dont want to answer that question please dont post here.

EDIT: Oh and thank you to those of you who provided me with the answer to my question and the links to their web site.

the main mod is called Stargate: Challanged Empires. in generally they are making the stargates working. its very hard to script. some other people who dont belong to that mod are making additional stuff like ring transporters, ships, units, weapons etc...

they already made some awesome stuff:

evo2.jpg

arma2009-07-2816-52-03-70.jpg

goa6.jpg

ori.jpg

teyla2.jpg

Wow thanks for the screens Tobie, look pretty good for Arma, cant wait for them to port it to Arma2, if they do. This engine is a really good one to use for a stargate mod, there was one for battlefield 2 but i think it died, however i believe this engine has way more potential with its unscripted AI and mission editor and multiple vehicle types.

Were actually finalizing both the arma and arma 2 code as we speak.

However we are introducing a new stargate model as the one porter from ofp hasn't weathered time well (model errors).

wow sounds great! so will you release only the new gates in the next version? or will there be any missions inclueded?

wow sounds great! so will you release only the new gates in the next version? or will there be any missions inclueded?

Were gearing up to release the new gates first with missions and the mp gameplay to follow later.

there were many new releases in the past weeks. also some news about the release of the gates. just check the mod forums!