Sign in to follow this  
coolts

Badlands.....Bohemian Rhapsody

You earn money by taking towns. Much more than you get for the kills. After the first town and waiting a bit you can afford a BTR and a few men.

I usually shoot technicals with a (sniper-)rifle. Just take cover and kill the gunner before they see you. Then you have a lot time to kill the driver.

Once you have the BTR (and/or some technicals) it becomes easier.

Some town have technicals that don't blow up just because you shot the driver. You can use them with your infantry.

Anyone help with a tip on taking out the third village? Also, I can see I get (for example) $43 for taking out a technical (nearly at the expense of my own life)...how can I afford to build a factory and buy APC's?

"Another strategy is to capture the second town and just wait until you get enough money for a heavy factory and a BMP-2...it's easy sailing once you're mechanized."

You get money from towns you control. The more you control better the cash flow. You earn money in combat too, so after you set up your HQ, buy yourself an RPG and some troops and harrass the enemy at the 3rd town until you have enough money.

It's too bad people give up on Badlands mission. It's rather enjoyable.

All good advice guys. I was stuck on the southern approach road to the third village (the one with the APC's and a few technicals). I had a single RPG round I looted off some guy I killed, and the dilemna was who to shoot (cos I HAD to scoot).

So I snuck up to about 200 metres, lit up one of the APC's, and ran back to Point Oranges, and built a base (no defences), just a HQ, barracks, then light factory. I produced three APC's (appear to have rocket launchers or hellfire missiles on their roof). Now I'm going back there to take the village.

Why do I love this game? This thread has made me laugh because I dont know about you lot, but sometimes, I aint got a clue what I`m doing. But if this is a true war sim, then God help the real ones ! I`m sure there`s a command somewhere to tell you squad to lake a dump.!

But when it goes your way, Its gaming at its finest. You never stop learning with this one.

I did my first town by leaving Razor by the starting point.... and went lone wolf from the West, while the rest charged from the East....

They were obviously decimated...

But I managed to do the rest on my own!

Other towns are complete bollocks... those APCs they have, shred my BDMs apart...

It's trial and error and a lot of force rebuilding...

Especially when your gunner is f***ing blind!

---------- Post added at 04:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 AM ----------

P.S: I'm having a lot of crashes! I never had problems with crashes before... made a thread in the troubleshooting section...

---------- Post added at 04:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 AM ----------

I was in the town centre when the APC arrived, and the villagers and the priest stood there discussing the ethics of fighting wars etc, then the APC took off. I went around looting bodies (found the RPG), then joined it. There were troops around it, but none appeared to be "crewmen". I tried to enter it, but there was no "get in" icon or command that I could find, just "lock APC" and "unlock APC".

Yes, the APC and the infantry around it are on my Map as NATO symbols, but I can't click on them to get an individual vehicle or platoon/section, nor can I drag a box around them to select them all.

Frustrating having all these troops and not being able to turn them into "cannon fodder" and soften up the defences before the "mighty USA" arrive (Gee...where have I heard THAT before?...America turning up late to a war, mopping up and proudly declaring they won the whole thing for us?).

OK...enough yank bashing, or they won't help me anymore. I'll just "hang around the first village until trucks arrive, and bring supplies. I'll try to get in that APC some more. Seems to me to be a waste of money to buy another if I can use that one. A sniper rifle would be nice. I'll leave my team and the rebels there, and do a couple of sniping missions on machine gun nests and AT troops and call them in to mop up.

Just a tip: play the High Command part of the tutorial...

...I am baffled by this game. Love it. Hate it.

Between this, Empire:Total War and DCS: Black shark, I am in full on SIM mod, but trying to explain to my other half that when she hears me roaring "FOR F***S SAKE" from upstairs, i am actually 'having fun" can be difficult.

ROFLMBO!!!

I have the same dilemma.:D