Sign in to follow this  
ubermachtig

ubermachtig presents - Transport Inbound

This is a singleplayer mission, and should be put in your Missions folder, it can be found in your ArmA 2 install direction.

Hello everyone,

This is my first mission. First of all, Thanks goes to [KH]BabyAlien for his great tutorials on youtube. I haven't figured out how to put text in the "welcome screen" of the mission yet, or how to add a debriefing. (If you guys know a good tutorial for that, it would be much appreciated)

In this singleplayer mission, You're an USMC marine stationed on an airfield. 5 minutes prior the mission start, you where informed about 7 incoming Russian transport choppers, trying to get off the island, most likely carrieing VIP's away from Chernarus, where the situation is getting worse and worse. Right after the message, an earlier captured shilka was set up for you to kill the incoming choppers.

Be creative, You have limited Shilka bullets, so make them pay. You'll get some support from an Anti-Air squad. There are multiple ways to finish this mission. It's a pretty addictive mission, despite it's simplicity.

Thanks to Armaholic, Its not limited to 10 downloads anymore:) You can download my mission here: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6911

Edited by ubermachtig

Use something else like Filefront to host so you don't have that lame 10 download limit.

It's not that hard to understand;)

Choppers are flying towards a side of the chernarus map, and you're in between with a Shilka to kill the choppers:D

edit: Added Armaholic's link now, I was pretty busy, I forgot about it;)

Edited by ubermachtig

You can download it from armaholic.com:

- Transport Inbound v1.1

I gave him the link yesterday, not sure why he didn't want to add it to his post :D

Edited by Big

or how to add a debriefing. (If you guys know a good tutorial for that, it would be much appreciated)
I've been reading and gathering tools to create missions myself and came accross a new tool you might want to try called "Briefing Manager v1.0" over at Armaholic HERE. I haven't used it myself so I can't comment on its usefulness.

after a couple of requests of community members, I've updated my Transport Inbound mission from 1.0 to 1.1, it includes the following fixes:

* Triggers are now working correctly (In 1.0 only one specific chopper being down triggered the end)

* Environment improvements (UH-60's taking off, Crashing A10)

* Choppers do not land behind the trees anymore

* AA support squad reduced to 2 members (Was 4 in 1.0)

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6911

Thanks go to armaholic for hosting my mission

Hi,

i had dl your mission but i have an error confog files "no world...." and i start in sea lol, i swimm i swim but the mission go end.

do you know what is the problem?

thx

dalia

That would be because he didn't include the island name at the end of the file name. I don't know what island it's meant to be on, but change it to either:

Transport.Inbound.1.1.Chernarus.pbo

OR

Transport.Inbound.1.1.Utes.pbo

Note to the maker: do not use . in the mission names. It tends to cause issues. Use - and _ instead.

Thanks for informing me about that, I wasn't aware it could cause issues;) Humans learn every day:)

Enjoy the mission:)