Sign in to follow this  
deadsmell

deadsmell presents............

September 1st 2009: New Map Release:

I have a new map for the community.

This is my first Capture and Hold map.

It is 5-6 Times bigger than any of my previous maps.

There are no borders.

I have paid extra close attention to object placement. There shouldnt be any out of place objects, however it is a big area with alot of objects, so if you see something i missed, let me know.

Its really a great scenario for large scale TVT PVP infantry. I hope you all enjoy it, and give some feedback.

This map should be loads of fun. Its currently set up for 32 players, but if i get feedback indicating players/server admins want the player count raised, I can add more.

I wanted to release it as a 32 player map first though.

This map should have an extremely high fun factor, and high replay value for those that enjoy action and teamwork.

Both day and night versions available now.

deadsmell presents.........

C&H Guts And Glory

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7210

(released 8/26/09)

deadsmell proudly presents the CTF Competitor's Pack. Now available for download.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7051

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

I accidentally overlooked some of the weapon selection options for CTF_Tactical and CTF_Tactical(night) in the initial release. Rocket launchers and grenade launchers were never supposed to be available. The map was not designed for those weapons to be employed at all. The map pack now has the fixed mission files for CTF_Tactical and CTF_Tactical(night).

If you donwloaded the pack earlier, please download again, and replace the old CTF_Tactical, and CTF_Tactical(night) files in your mpmissions folder with new, proper versions.

All the other missions should be fine.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Heres a brief mission description:

CTF_Heroes: If you ever played ghost recon 2. not graw, the old ghost recon 2. There was a map called bunkers on that game. This map is kind of an homage to that good old original GR2 map. As in all my maps cover is abundant, and so is situational awareness.

I spent many hours on this baby.

Theres so much to say about this map I dont know where to start anymore.

Its really a great map, you just got to play it.

CTF_Heroes(night): Heroes at night. The moon is up when the game starts, so let your eyes adjust during the intro.

CTF_Tactical: Set in the heart of the industrial park in Cherno along the railroad tracks. This is a great location that just got a whole lot better. This is an instant classic, dont miss out on this one.

CTF_Tactical(night): Tactical at night. No nvg's. The streetlights over the tracks are on adding an ominous touch to an already grizzly looking battlefield. Lots of fun.

CTF_TiddleewinksV2: Update to the original Tiddleewinks map.

Changes:

Pulled Artillery farther back from mission area.

Changed Artillery timing

Over all volume is reduced

Changed flare timing

Blackouts should be less frequent, shorter, and more predictable.

Lobby dialog fixed

Installation:

Extract the pbo file(s) to your ArmA2\MPMissions folder.

I spent alot of time working on these, and i'm really looking forward to hearing back from the players.

These maps were designed to be fun, balanced, and competitive. Every PVP player needs to check this map pack out and play it. It's that good.

again, enjoy and feed back is greatly appreciated.

Extra Special Thanks To -SBS-MAC.

thanks.

Also, please feel free to stop by and join us on the deadsmellCTF server or the team toast CTF server. The only public American CTF servers we are aware of.

Special LO to our European friends

Edited by deadsmell

Did you forget a link?

Whats the mission like?

Ok I guess a description of the mission is in order. I should have put it in the original post, but it was late, and I'd had a few drinks.

Tiddleewinks mission description:

The mission is an arena style PVP CTF. It is staged in a hardcore dug in warzone environment. The Mission has been designed to give players alot of cover, while maintaining situational awareness of the battlefield. There is a hospital near each spawn for healing, as well as half of the players for each team are medics/corpsman. Medics and Corpsman are responsible for treating wounded rifleman that cant make it back to the hospital.

The mission area itself runs east/west and is probably about 250 - 300 (guessing) meters long with a strong point in the middle. Not even going to guess how wide it is, but its wide enough, its also designed in a way that will keep the action in front of the players, allowing use of peripheral vision. Again I wanted situational awareness on this map. There are also ramps and earthen ramparts for players to get some additional vantage points from.

Now for the bells and whistles.

This is the nighttime version of Tiddleewinks. Its very dark. good thing there are illumination flares being launched into the air to light your way. In addition to the illumination flares, the surrounding area is being pounded by rockets, and artillery barrages. The flares and the flashes from the rockets and artillery pounding are all that light your way. It creates a fantastic environment, with the battlefield flickering and flashing from the sudden flashes of light around the area. There will be SHORT, random, intermittent blackouts, that occur between reloads of the flares and the artillery that will cause sudden black outs that can last from an instant, to several seconds. While it may be scary at first, the effect is incredible, and the more you play it the more you will appreciate those sudden blackouts. The blackouts can be used to move under the cover of dark, or just may save your butt when your on the losing end of some incoming fire. ya never know. Also if you play the map for long sessions at a time, after about an hour or so the moon will start to rise in the east providing ambient light as well.

hmm what else can I say about this map. This map is incredibly addictive. Players get into the action fast, lots of intense fire fights, lots of good cover, encourages teamwork.

Try this map, I guarantee you'll love it.

Thank you.

I hope you all enjoy it.

Please let me know what you think.

More to come...........

Edited by deadsmell

have uploaded to the SBS server, will check it out shortly matey..

CTF_Tiddleewinks (DAY) uploaded. The daytime version is now included with the download. Link is in original post.

Edited by deadsmell

will put it up matey,,,,,, is there any chance of lowering the sound level of hte explosions,, without losing the atmospheric side of the map, ... MY ears were ringing the other night, but all the guys seemed to like the theme of the map, just a few little minor things,,,LOVE the flares but maybe a little too dark when they go down...will try the daytime asap matey..

Hey Taxman, I think the more time you spend with it, the more you may begin to appreciate those sudden blackouts. They help keep things tense, and provide cover of darkness for moving, and repositioning.

Especially now that you can spend time with the daytime version and get more familiar with the map, I am confident you will find more to appreciate in those dark moments at night when it blacks out.

Keep playing it and let me know if you have a change of heart regarding the issue.

I am sorry for the ringing in your ears. lol.

I will be releasing different variations of the map in the future, and I will make changes based on your feedback.

At the moment however I am focused on the next few maps in the series.

@Taxman

I have TiddleewinksV2 locked and loaded, and I hope it accommodates the feedback I have received .

In TiddleewinksV2:

Artillery moved farther away from the mission area.

Artillery timing adjusted.

Flare timing adjusted.

Blackouts should be be more predictable, and shorter.

Overall Volume reduced. (Reasonably).

It's already done.

Thing is I want the next release to just come out as a "Map Pack". And I need your Clan's/Team's/Guild's/.....Covenant's?........and.....Cult's??...........I dont care....:yay:

To help me test the different "maps" before theyre ready. Are your guys up to it?

I need the test somewhat organized, everyone on comms.

Edited by deadsmell

Quick update, it has just come to my attention that grenade launchers and rockets are enabled in the current version of tactical. This was never my intent, just a slight oversight on my part.

I will have a new version that does not have rockets or grenade launchers enabled. I will upload it later today.

I apologize for the mix up.

---------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

I accidentally overlooked some of the weapon selection options for CTF_Tactical and CTF_Tactical(night) in the initial release. Rocket launchers and grenade launchers were never supposed to be available. The map was not designed for those weapons to be employed at all. The map pack now has the fixed mission files for CTF_Tactical and CTF_Tactical(night).

If you donwloaded the pack earlier, please download again, and replace the old CTF_Tactical, and CTF_Tactical(night) files in your mpmissions folder with new, proper versions.

All the other missions should be fine.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Heres a demo video of CTF_Heroes.

Watch in HQ.

Edited by deadsmell

@Eagleone: Your welcome, and Thank You.

I will have a new map being released either tonight or tomorrow.

This new map is huge. It's 5-6 times larger than all the others. I will also be releasing my first AAS mode map using this new battlefield.

I will be testing tonight, and if anyone is interested in helping with testing, I would very much appreciate it. I will probably start testing in a couple hours, so please let me know if you are interested.

I have a new map for the community.

This is my first Capture and Hold map.

It is 5-6 Times bigger than any of my previous maps.

There are no borders.

I have paid extra close attention to object placement. There shouldnt be any out of place objects, however it is a big area with alot of objects, so if you see something i missed, let me know.

Its really a great scenario for large scale TVT PVP infantry. I hope you all enjoy it, and give some feedback.

This map should be loads of fun. Its currently set up for 32 players, but if i get feedback indicating players/server admins want the player count raised, I can add more.

I wanted to release it as a 32 player map first though.

This map should have an extremely high fun factor, and high replay value for those that enjoy action and teamwork.

Both day and night versions available now.

deadsmell presents.........

C&H Guts And Glory

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7210