Sign in to follow this  
Aceman_rus

Dogs of War: Lt.Marny

I know it has been a lot of threads on this theme, but i want to make this thing very clean. So, since 1.02 Marny wasn't speaking, same happens with me in 1.03. Is that supposed to be like that? Or am i so stupid that i can't understand this "feature"? I am very interested in objective "Deal with russians", so to complete this task, i need Marny's intel, but he can't talk with me, except general speech(targets, weather and location). Please help!

There might be some confusion about Marny's intel since the mission design underwent some major changes before the release, when it wasn't possible to change the conversation with Begunov anymore. Marny does have some vital information, but will share them with you only when the time is right.

That is after you conquer Chernogorsk and NAPA still isn't allied with CDF.

You mean Marny actually exists? I only have 2 speaking officers at my base. Begunov, Littlejohn and the guy who talks about Cherno.

Isn't Marny the guy at the gate who's voice actor sounds like he is retired?

In my DoW mission he is standing next to a UAZ at the base.

In my DoW mission he is standing next to a UAZ at the base.

That's Stevovich (or some such) and another (apparently) nameless officer next to the drivable UAZ. He talks about the Marines, not the Russians.

The only other souls at the base are three members of a sniper team.

Are we talking about the same guy?

In the Bunker: Stavovich, Begunov, NAPA guy

After you talk to them. Stavovich walks away towards a UAZ. There is a man by the UAZ and that is Marny. I walked up to him and talked to him and it was Marny. It said Tomas Marny. He only gave me the weather, location and target stuff but it was him.

I noticed that too. I saw Tomas Marny but couldn't really get any info from him.

Now I'm over in Krastanov (idk how to spell it) and it took me a good while to get there and I can not find this Russian camp near the airport. Although I did start heading north (it's 23:00 in my game so it's pitch black) and now I reach a certain point and either get immediately shot down by some bullets or they launch an explosive at my tank and kills all of us. Any tips on this? It must be the CHDKz camp, or no? It sucks that I'm playing on Recruit and immediately get shot down when I'm anywhere near them.

I noticed that too. I saw Tomas Marny but couldn't really get any info from him.

Now I'm over in Krastanov (idk how to spell it) and it took me a good while to get there and I can not find this Russian camp near the airport. Although I did start heading north (it's 23:00 in my game so it's pitch black) and now I reach a certain point and either get immediately shot down by some bullets or they launch an explosive at my tank and kills all of us. Any tips on this? It must be the CHDKz camp, or no? It sucks that I'm playing on Recruit and immediately get shot down when I'm anywhere near them.

I think the thing in your spoiler tag is the game trying to prevent you from leaving a certain area.

The Chedaki base, at least in the version I played, is no where near the airport. And if I were you I would stay the hell away from the Russians. Although if its an objective in your version then my guess would be that the camp is actually on the airport.

Yeah I considered that possibility too and it's probably right. I was heading way out of where I shoulda been I guess.

Hm well in my game NAPA and CDF and my squad came together and my task is to talk to the Russians. CDF told us that the Russians wouldn't fire on us if we didn't fire on them. It says the camp is near Krasnostov airport and I searched that entire city and around it at least 3 times and found no camp. I can't speak to Tomas Marny which doesn't really help things. So how did someone else get passed this? I'm about to start taking over every city on the the map and hopefully that will lead me where I need to go.

Didn't they say Vybor Airport, not Krasnostav? It's in the mission notes.

Yeah I considered that possibility too and it's probably right. I was heading way out of where I shoulda been I guess.

Hm well in my game NAPA and CDF and my squad came together and my task is to talk to the Russians. CDF told us that the Russians wouldn't fire on us if we didn't fire on them. It says the camp is near Krasnostov airport and I searched that entire city and around it at least 3 times and found no camp. I can't speak to Tomas Marny which doesn't really help things. So how did someone else get passed this? I'm about to start taking over every city on the the map and hopefully that will lead me where I need to go.

I would make Chernogorsk your first priority. If you played your cards right you'll be thankful.

Didn't they say Vybor Airport, not Krasnostav? It's in the mission notes.

Just checked and you're right it does say that in the mission notes.

But my task says "Deal with Russians - The Russian camp can be found near Krasnostov Airport ..."

Looks like a documentation bug in the game.

Jakerod: I actually just captured that right before I came here. I'm not sure how it is important in my case, unless maybe it pays a lot of money because of its size. I have no money problems right now, though.

Just checked and you're right it does say that in the mission notes.

But my task says "Deal with Russians - The Russian camp can be found near Krasnostov Airport ..."

Looks like a documentation bug in the game.

Jakerod: I actually just captured that right before I came here. I'm not sure how it is important in my case, unless maybe it pays a lot of money because of its size. I have no money problems right now, though.

Oh if you don't know why it is important already then you probably won't find out why I said to take it this time around. I just discovered that mutliquote button by accident, I never noticed it before.