Sign in to follow this  
thierry007

Ammo caches + parachutes

Im trying to make a Mission to mess arround with but i want to start it withthe player and his squad dropping out of chutes and a few ammo boxes with em How would i do that? edit and how would i do that with vehicles how do i get em to drop from chutes.

Thats very help full ineed if every topic about it i can find goes about Paradrop out of that hercules plane >.> edit: the only usefell one was for OFP wich i sadly dont need =/ let me correct my self again Non of the topic about parachutes i found ae the ones i need ( the ones for armo 2 are for paradrop or HALO ) the rest is for OFP and ArmA AA ... I looked under - parachute - didnt know anything else.......

Edited by thierry007

So spawn a helicopter 1000ft in the air, moveInCargo your units and immediately eject them. Do a little black fade in and it'll look like they "start" in the air in chutes.

Then either create cutes + vehicles/ammo crates in the air or supplydrop them from the helo.

My point is, everything you're asking about has been asked dozens of times before and there's are plenty of examples and scripts already out there for all of it.

Im not asking anything that needs SOM And how wouldi create vehicles/ammo crates in the air i already tried a Hmwwv [m2] In cargo -> Large Cargo parachute didnt work (and i grouped em ) but that wont work with ammo crates.. and how would i eject my units if i tell em to disembarrk they wait till the Helicopter has landed ( or when its about to crash )

Rommel posted a script before for ejecting groups.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1333949&postcount=7

For the dropping of vehicle and ammo, you can use the built in Functions module. Place it on your map, and try something like this in a radio trigger:

dropSupplyPoint = getPos player;
player setPos [dropSupplyPoint select 0, dropSupplyPoint select 1, 150];
[player, "LAND"] call BIS_fnc_supplydrop;
player setPos dropSupplyPoint;

Replace "LAND" with "reammobox" or any other vehicle classname to drop other things. Quick and easy. That'll instantly move your player 150 meters in the air, call the supplydrop function which will drop a HMMWV Mk2 from a parachute, then move you back where you started. At least in Single Player you won't even see yourself move, the parachute just appears above you.

Hmmm what do i have to do with the stuff in the code box? ( i thought i just had to syncrhonize some stuff instead of brain breaking stuff o.o )

Ammobox here is named "ammo".

Parachute is named "para".

You need to name both things, the name can be whatever you want.

In ammobox init:

ammo attachTo [para,[0,0,3]];

In parachute init:

this setpos [(getpos this select 0),(getpos this select 1),370];

all you can find in editor, no need for other stuff, how ever this very "cheap" way to do it

but you can write some easy script for that to delay or trigger drop.

Anyway I think kylania did found some better way to do it.

you might wanna try to attach the crate to the parachutes memPoint "paraEnd" as in:

_crate attatchTo [_para, [0,0,0], "paraEnd"];

I didn't test this, but the example can be found under modules.pbo\Functions\systems\fn_supplydrop.sqf

what is an init?.... i think im understanding it a Little i would need more explanation about init ( as where is it what is it) and If someone could write this -> ( so i can implement it without figuring it all out o.o ) Ru Basic ammo (named Crate1 Parachute thats flying Named Para1 how or what would that be? edit: Dans way worked Ruebe your way tells me ; is missing ( the editor tells it) and i found the init field too ( was called initzialization or something )

Edited by thierry007

I used this code to drop an ammo crate from a plane via an action, Im sure you can adapt it to do it at a preset time

_gen = _this select 0;
_caller = _this select 1;
_id = _this select 2;

_ammoBox = "USVehicleBox" createVehicle [0,0,0];
_parachute = "ParachuteMediumWest" createVehicle getPos _gen;

_vector = velocity _gen;
_vectorLength = (sqrt (((_vector select 0) * (_vector select 0)) + ((_vector select 1) * (_vector select 1))));
_unitVector = [(_vector select 0) / _vectorLength, (_vector select 1) / _vectorLength, (_vector select 2) / _vectorLength];

_parachute setPos [(getPos _gen select 0) - (10 * (_unitVector select 0)),(getPos _gen select 1) - (10 * (_unitVector select 1)), (getPos _gen select 2) - (10 * (_unitVector select 2))];

_parachute setVelocity (velocity _gen);

sleep 0.1;

_ammoBox attachTo [_parachute, [0,0,0]];

waitUntil { getPos _parachute select 2 < 6 };

detach _ammoBox;

_ammoBox setPos [getPos _ammoBox select 0, getPos _ammoBox select 1, 0];

sleep 5;

deleteVehicle _parachute;

Hmmm what do i have to do with the stuff in the code box? ( i thought i just had to syncrhonize some stuff instead of brain breaking stuff o.o )

For everything else in this thread you have to do somewhat brain breaking stuff. For my 4 lines of text you don't. :) 1 minute from opening the editor to driving away in your newly parachuted HMMWV.

Place your unit, place the functions module, place a Radio Alpha trigger with the following code in it's On Act, preview and drop. Done.

dropSupplyPoint = getPos player;
player setPos [dropSupplyPoint select 0, dropSupplyPoint select 1, 150];
[player, "LAND"] call BIS_fnc_supplydrop;
player setPos dropSupplyPoint;

Here's a video to show you how easy it is:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj1vhDoSUlI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj1vhDoSUlI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

For AI paradropping, try something like this.

Edited by kylania
AI paradrop

Ahh okay that seems cool with changing that a bit ( wouldnt know how) you could get even soldiers to drop or ammo me thinks =P

I used this code to drop an ammo crate from a plane via an action, Im sure you can adapt it to do it at a preset time

_gen = _this select 0;
_caller = _this select 1;
_id = _this select 2;

_ammoBox = "USVehicleBox" createVehicle [0,0,0];
_parachute = "ParachuteMediumWest" createVehicle getPos _gen;

_vector = velocity _gen;
_vectorLength = (sqrt (((_vector select 0) * (_vector select 0)) + ((_vector select 1) * (_vector select 1))));
_unitVector = [(_vector select 0) / _vectorLength, (_vector select 1) / _vectorLength, (_vector select 2) / _vectorLength];

_parachute setPos [(getPos _gen select 0) - (10 * (_unitVector select 0)),(getPos _gen select 1) - (10 * (_unitVector select 1)), (getPos _gen select 2) - (10 * (_unitVector select 2))];

_parachute setVelocity (velocity _gen);

sleep 0.1;

_ammoBox attachTo [_parachute, [0,0,0]];

waitUntil { getPos _parachute select 2 < 6 };

detach _ammoBox;

_ammoBox setPos [getPos _ammoBox select 0, getPos _ammoBox select 1, 0];

sleep 5;

deleteVehicle _parachute;

im using an ammo.sqf script in a crate to have more weapon and ammo choice in multiplayer, would it be possible to add this to your paradrop crate or it's not possible?

ammo.sqf

while {alive _this} do

{

clearweaponcargo _this;

clearmagazinecargo _this;

//BIS WEAPONS//

_this addWeaponCargo ["AK_107_kobra",20];

_this addWeaponCargo ["AK_107_GL_kobra",20];

_this addWeaponCargo ["AK_107_GL_pso",20];

_this addWeaponCargo ["AK_107_pso",20];

_this addWeaponCargo ["AK_74",20];

_this addWeaponCargo ["AK_74_GL",20];

//BIS AMMO//

_this addMagazineCargo ["30Rnd_545x39_AK",100];

_this addMagazineCargo ["30Rnd_545x39_AKSD",100];

_this addMagazineCargo ["30Rnd_762x39_AK47",100];

_this addMagazineCargo ["64Rnd_9x19_Bizon",100];

_this addMagazineCargo ["64Rnd_9x19_SD_Bizon",100];

sleep 1800;

};

Edited by camus25555

Really just tag that onto the end of the script, and change _this to _ammobox

ok this is working i can see weapon/ammo in crate but i can't pickup anything, crate seems locked.