Sign in to follow this  
thierry007

Salvaging.. And More.

Could slavaging be possible ( i dont mean the warfare one) What i mean is if you find an Crashed A-10 (for example) you can salvage parts from it Like from the pilots body a weapon And you can use it.. Or sell it to a arms dealer/ scrap dealer in a random town. (this could use a modfied weapons/units buying thingy) i just thought of this Heh. A use for all those downed aircraft and destroyed vehicles

I might be possible to set it so that when i planes crashes you could tell the game to randomly add a couple pieces of the plane to the cargo so that when a player is near and the "gear" option comes up they can take the pieces from the cargo and into their inventory.

not actually sure if that would work...

That could do the trick But im not good at scripts so i dont know if it would work But sounds good =p

yeah i'm not very good at cripting much either, i think the aircraft/vehicle parts would need to be modelled in O2 and added to the game as a static object, then however it is scripted given to the crashed vehicles model's inventory for the player to collect,

might want to find the thread about a mod based on a post apocoylptic setting in this forum, i think they had a similar idea to you.

This sounds like a Addon request, so guess what i'm gonna do? REPORT

I dont see where he asked for someone to make it, he simply asked if it is possible..Let the mods do their jobs dude, all you're gonna do is annoy people

I dont see where he asked for someone to make it, he simply asked if it is possible..Let the mods do their jobs dude, all you're gonna do is annoy people

I concur.

I dont want it be made Maybe someday but just knowing if it is possible is good enough. And if it would be a request its in the good place i think. But this thing is currently too "big" methinks to be made ( with Mods in WIP like ace 2 ) Sometimes people need to understand the ittle diffrences between a request and a question ( i want or could you make is way diffrent from is this possible? )

It is definitely possible to add them as abstract items without too much work.

Making actual towable parts like a whole engine or such would require a lot more work since it'd need modelled parts.

But sure, all of it *can* be done if one would want it in Chernarus Life or whatever money-using mission you'd intend it for :)