Sign in to follow this  
Njayjay

How to tell my squad to hold fire unless spotted?

Hi, like the title says how can I tell my AI teammates to hold their fire but engage if they are fired upon or spotted, cause we'll be walking thru the and literally run into a guy and theyll just stand there without shooting so I'm wondering what the command sequence for this is. Peace

I have noticed they tend to return fire if shot at.

At least i had to spam "dont fire" when i was running for my life.

Isn't there a "Hold Fire" option in the command menu? You have me wondering now. Off to have a look. Yeah. Tap "3" for "Engage" then "2" for "Hold Fire" or "6" for "Disengage"

Edited by pipscouse

I've been complaining about this for a while, and was told "He was compromised". My #2 guy always opens up even if the enemy is just walking around. It's always #2 and he does what he wants. The only way I can look into a base is to park these guys someplace and sneak up alone, then call them up when you're ready to fight, but you can't stage them.

I have tried leaving #2 behind and only taking the rest and that worked ok. None of them opened up.

Hold fire doesn't do what it should, it also has a different effects based upon weather it's AI or a player controlled group. One is more likely to hold fire than the other but I forget which is which.

I don't want to dissableAI as that's just faking it and takes away the surprise element.

Commands are currently bugged and AI don't follow orders. Play another game and wait for a patch like the others.

Try setting them to stealth mode then hold fire

Doesn't work. I've tried every combat stance/order combination and squad ignores them. Also, I've found that if you have a BIG squad say like over 5 guys, they tend to work better together and follow orders better. But if you have 2-3 they tend to get lonely or something, and just either ignore you, or get stuck someplace and refuse to move.

It's very frustrating.

I just got done going through BIS's bug tracking system and I don't see any squad commands vs. reactions posted as a bug. But I think it's big.

Wanna see something funny? Shoot a squad member dead in the face with a pistol. I mean shove it in his eye and shoot. 9 out of 10 people would die I would hazard a guess. Just a rough guess. But they just stand there with blood all over their face. Don't shoot them more than once every so often, cause your' squad may or may not attack you. They won't die until maybe 3-4 shots to the head. I say this, because when #2 just starts firing. I walk up to him and shoot him in the face so I feel better.

Edited by [RIP] Luhgnut

Luhgnut;1405815'] I say this' date=' because when #2 just starts firing. I walk up to him and shoot him in the face so I feel better.[/quote']

lol, cant tell you how many times I have wanted to do this. Nice work. Not very often I get a good laugh out of reading these forums. Thanks.