Sign in to follow this  
CombatComm

Simple setfuel 1 trigger help!

Hey, did some quick scanning for thread in forums but couldent find anything. I set up a trigger activated by radio alpha and in the on activation field set it to setfuel 1 to a helicopter. Should be simple enough right? But it dosent work. names are correct. But when i press enter on the radio alpha the chopper does not take out to its waypoint. Any quick help would be greatly appreciated.

I think the problem is if you have a crew in a chopper and take the fuel out the crew get out and move to the waypoint on foot.

One way to do it would be place an empty chopper and then the crew.

Place a waypoint ontop of the leader then another placed on the chopper and make it a getin waypoint and then place the waypoints you want the chopper to travel to.

now place your trigger and set your conditions however you want them but sync the trigger to the first waypoint that was placed on the units.

Now when the trigger conditions are meet it unlocks the waypoint and the crew get in the chopper and fly off to do what you requested.

Great thanks but im new how do I get the getin command to work for that chopper? Name the chopper and than wha?

As opposed to removing their fuel, you can just use doStop to prevent them from following their waypoints (and thus taking off).

So in the helicopter's init:

doStop this

To get it to take off:

heli1 doFollow heli1