Sign in to follow this  
ericbr

Poor FPS Help Plz!

Hello I just picked up this game and have updated the game properly to 1.14. Im having extreme troubles with getting decent fps, im currently playing at the lowest possible settings and only get around 15-20 fps.

Here are my specs for my laptop:

Windows Vista 32-bit operating system

Intel Core 2 Duo Core CPU P8400 @ 2.26Ghz 2.27Ghz

Memory (Ram)4 Gigs

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3400 series

Thank you for any helps and tips

HI, i have the same problem, i even have a better pc, core quad, ATI 4870 1 GB, the problem must be vista 32 bit, i think i doesnt allow us to optimize the game, i have tried everything in this forum and the only thing i have not tried yet is changing my OS, it doesnt matter what configuration i have, i cannot get past 32 fps, hope someone helps us or Bohemia releases a patch that fixes something!

Assuming there's nothing wrong with your system, my best guess is that your laptop simply doesn't have the performance to give good frames in Arma.

I don't recognize your cpu but a Core 2 Duo running at that speed should at least get you "in the door". In other words, that's not that bad.

Your "video" is extremely low-end and is most likely the problem. An HD3450 has 40 "streaming processors". An HD4870 has 800 "streaming processors" - for comparison.

I am quite sure that you're HD 3400 graphics uses shared system memory which is another bottleneck besides low amount of stream processors. Make sure to disable anti-aliasing and shadows, it may help a lot. (Yes, given your resolution it will be ugly).

The Radeon HD4870 is way different story. With such a beast, I am pretty sure the owner of this has not even lowered details and has his 22" display running native resolution.

Well, ArmA does not scale with GPU power as well as some other games do due to uncommon engine, but you know what?

ArmA is not common game...

Which is good. :cool:

Also be sure to not run your laptop in energy saving mode or something else which won't let ArmA use your full potential.

Your CPU is not powerful, I think.

Mine is 3Ghz and my FPS gets up to 100FPS if I have too much units (max. graphics)...

Maybe your RADEON HD 3400 Series is too old...

The bottom line, Eric, I'm sorry to say is that you'll never get workable frame rates with your laptop spec'ed out as it is. Your hardware simply isn't powerful enough.