Hi can anyone tell me how to create an I.E.D.ie person moves past triggers ied..

cheers:)

create a trigger with this code in the activation. You can change the Sh_105_HE to anything really that has a boom, I would stear away from the MK82 and GBU12 though. the 105 or 122 seem to do an good job at blowing up things and scaring the shit out of the survivors. To really screw with people it is also fun to spawn a few enemy to shoot at the survivors.

IED1_1_LOC = getPos IED1_1; ""Sh_105_HE"" createvehicle IED1_1_LOC;

Oh and make sure you make an object like a trash barrel or something and name it IED1_1

I disagree with not using GBUs or MK82's... In fact you should use 10....

IED1_1_LOC = getPos IED1_1; "Bo_GBU12_LGB" createvehicle IED1_1_LOC; "Bo_GBU12_LGB" createvehicle IED1_1_LOC; "Bo_GBU12_LGB" createvehicle IED1_1_LOC; "Bo_GBU12_LGB" createvehicle IED1_1_LOC; "Bo_GBU12_LGB" createvehicle IED1_1_LOC; "Bo_GBU12_LGB" createvehicle IED1_1_LOC; "Bo_GBU12_LGB" createvehicle IED1_1_LOC; "Bo_GBU12_LGB" createvehicle IED1_1_LOC; "Bo_GBU12_LGB" createvehicle IED1_1_LOC; "Bo_GBU12_LGB" createvehicle IED1_1_LOC;

If the boom isn't big enough to be seen from 5km away, its not a proper IED imo... :P

Keep in mind, that will destroy anything in like a 300m radius... Careful now ;)

Yea I remember seeing the blast from about 700m in the air in the over watch chopper as our convoy hit it... Terrible terrible terrible... But oh so worth it =D Nothing spells convoy IED strike practice like the first vehicle in the group getting completely obliterated losing a third of the forces instantly.

create a trigger with this code in the activation. You can change the Sh_105_HE to anything really that has a boom, I would stear away from the MK82 and GBU12 though. the 105 or 122 seem to do an good job at blowing up things and scaring the shit out of the survivors. To really screw with people it is also fun to spawn a few enemy to shoot at the survivors.

IED1_1_LOC = getPos IED1_1; ""Sh_105_HE"" createvehicle IED1_1_LOC;

Oh and make sure you make an object like a trash barrel or something and name it IED1_1

does not work it says code is wrong

its because of the extra Quotes, remove the second quotes around the Sh_105_HE and it should work.

Hi,

You can also make an ied that is not linked to an object so it looks like its hidden under the pavement or in some bush. just use an empty marker in this case called "ied1".

Then add this to the activation of the trigger. it works alsmost the same as examples above.

ied = "Bo_GBU12_LGB" createVehicle [1000, 1000, 1000]; ied setPos ([getmarkerpos "ied1" select 0, getmarkerpos "ied1" select 1, 1]);

it's also nice to make trip flares to reveal positions at night. Use the same code then remove the bomb by a flare and set the hight something like:

ied = "F_40mm_White" createVehicle [1000, 1000, 1000]; ied setPos ([getmarkerpos "ied1" select 0, getmarkerpos "ied1" select 1, 60]);

make sure trigger activates on present.

Edited by Tmp