Sign in to follow this  
Lima9999

History of Bohemia 2001

Dear Bohemia~

I've been a long jevity member of the bohemia community since operation flashpoint release in 2001. My reason for posting this is because bohemia interactive games still has so much potential.

I usually play multiplayer games mostly online with the www.1stinfantry.org group of people. They are a great group of people they work hard to allow people to have fun, I commend them for it. The reason for posting this was because a lot of people join online multiplayer groups. People are still way willing to play your games, I think maybe more then you know. Give us something good, so we can get back into it again.

What sparked my thought was Bohemia Interactive ought to create/make another game. This time bring back the feeling of th gameplay like you did when flashpoint first came out. Have story and plot behind the whole thing. Have interesting characters again.

I'm sorry to say the previous games such as Armed Assault and Armed Assualt 2 has lacked story and plot. They are still great games but like I said there is still so much potential.

I want the feeling of having the gameplay and playability back like OFP, but then again in a new modern way setting of game graphics and engines as you have created. It's kind of brought that feeling back a little bit with Armed Assault 2.

Story line and plot setting with characters needs to more immerisive to get the player back into the intensive mode of the war feeling like they belong to the game like flashpoint created for us.

Thanks for reading

[x] I disagree completely

Have you even -played- the Arma 2 campaign? Egads, it's got tons of story and character in it! Sure, the "just another grunt in the war" approach of OFP was great (as was the "just a reluctant hero" of OFPR), but why would we want them (BIS) to just rehash their old stuff? You don't ask an author or a moviemaker to just create a sequel that's identical to the first! (unless of course they have no artistic credibility and only want to make a load of money) The storyline in Arma 2 is ripe with possibility and very well told, bugs and all - the fact it's different from their previous games is a GOOD THING.

Here's the best part though, my good man: You have the capability of making your very own stories ("game" if you wish) using only the editor that came with the game! Heck, soon enough there'll be CWR2 and you CAN play OFP:CWC and Resistance in the new engine! And then, why don't you start using that creative power of yours and churn out some wonderful missions with the "right" feeling yourself?

That is all.

Regards,

Wolfrug

OFP did have a great storyline, but it's a bit weird when people go on about it like it was the Milsim world's answer to Deus Ex... I do however think that ArmA 2 had a great atmosphere, and more than made up for the mediocre experience that was the original ArmA.

I think that the Gameplay has changed a lot since OFP and release of ArmA. The Campaign has actually been a part of the Game just to have somethings to play. The mainfocus is based on the Multiplayer possibility. Thta is what the fun is taking into gameplay and that is what it is actually created for...my opinion. Both games do have their lags, but both games also do have their potencials. ArmA2 MP Athmosphere just rocks and I am sure that once the patch 1.08 and further ones have been installed the Gameplay will be great again...BIS I believe in you although I sometimes hate you...:D

Edited by MemphisBelle

What sparked my thought was Bohemia Interactive ought to create/make another game.

They are. Carrier command. :)

ArmA2 story isn't as good as the OFP one, but i think the new gameplay etc. makes up for it, which is tbh why we buy most of our games..for the gameplay!